• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are better than your buddies.

Plus who cares if people are glitching on Zombies. Sounds like fun to me!

Never said his kids weren't better. But I know first hand how hard it is to get leveled up. And glitching in zombies is fun.

No one ever wanted to go play zombies. Ive only played with Brett a couple times. the glitches do work better with three people and are easier to achieve.

I am going to conduct an experiment in the next week. I play and have been playing and logging a ton of hours. My K/D Ratio is and has been trashed. I have only played MW2 and BO at my house, which has DSL and 1.5megs Down and 3/4meg up. I have never played multi-player on anything else. I am going to bring my Xbox with me to work and use my PC or Laptop as a monitor and try playing here. We have at least a T1 and we just upgraded with a new provider. I want to see if the game improves. 90% of the time I just feel like I am dragging dead weight and I know it;s DSL but on my end the connection to the Xbox is a pure shot with no blocking or anything. I just want to actually play on a 3meg down or higher connection for once and see if I am just playing. I have crazy time involved and just can not pull above .60, unless I just stop and camp from here on out which is just not fun. Always coming up short even with the cross hairs on them and their guns not even raised. crazy

Id like to hear these results. I play on 1.5m internet too and handle things well, I think. Curious if it really does give a noticable edge. The only thing I think my connection affects is my ability to migrate hosts often.

I think some players are just a lot more in tune with their surroundings in the game, as cheesy as that may sound. Ive watched some seasoned players and still wonder what they are doing while watching them play. Wandering the map, not watching radar, not predicting spawns, not hearing enemies or following tracers...

Hey, I'm a noob. Noob to the 360 anyway. Trigger and grenade buttons are backwards. I grenaded a teammate in HCTDM the other night. He tonguelashed me on the mic, I explained, and him and his clan friended me and we played together for a few hours afterwards. They gave me a ration of you know what for awhile, but laughing about it

PI it wasn't my kids who told me to expect an hour to an hour and a half. It was Jeff's buddy DemonScience who told me this when he was asking last week if I wanted to join in on some Zombies with them when they were switching from Multi player over to Zombies. When I said I should hae considerd the source I meant it as in Jeff (MinnesotaWild) and DemonScience are players of the another kind. grin They know how to throw down a crushing. I should add Jeff's buddy DemonScience is known for adding color to some of his content. From what I have experienced this only pertains to him seeing how far he can go with what he can gullible get Jeff to believe. grin

I know when a player is stomping me in Pro-like fashion but just wondering how you can throw down matches in 18-6 fashion, shut the consoles down and power up at a different hour and struggle with keeping your deaths under 15 or 20 after changing multiple lobbies and hosts. Having DSL, evenings are the worst because of other sources pulling bandwidth. Top this with having a poor line quality ping test result (which Qwest is taking their sweet time in fixing), low end of the high-speed internet megs, noticeable difference between campaign play and multi-player, my kids saying they note a huge differences between their cousins in-town 7 up and 2 down connection, I have to believe there is something to internet connection. My network is set up perfect with providing priority and dedication with the Xbox. Could be Sniper Frog just helping me. grin I hope to bring it to work this week. Just hope nothing is found, because if something is I do not think I would ever leave work or ever play here again. laugh

One other thing I have noticed is when in a party it seems to be way more noticeable. The game plays way better when not in a party. NO, not just trying to smoke screen my shortcomings playing with you guys. grin But right away after I have left a party I notice the game gets more fluid, but that is subject to change and more so if I remove myself from a "sweet spot" lobby and enter another. It did not help I raged quit for over a month after week three or so and relearning the game basically. I will say that the game is a much better game now than it was week 2/3 after that first pooched update. I figure BO's servers being WaW's old servers, they are more like World of Warcraft gaming servers and using a PC. To throw down and become a "freak" of the game, you need to treat your machine like a road-course Porsche and feed it the highest octane fuel (bandwidth) to achieve true graphic flow and user control.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that if you're getting sick of COD, check out Section 8: Prejudice on the xbox arcade. It's an excellent download for 1200 points. Plus, you can try the demo out first, and play it online to see if you like it. Only problem with that is that it will take longer than 30 minutes to get the hang of whats going on. Basic rundown from what I've played though, is that Conquest is basically headquarters, with 4 different headquarters, plus secondary objectives you complete during the game. Games are generally pretty fair, and lag free. The hosting is done on dedicated servers, so you see what you're gettng before you join a game.

You know what? I actually started to look at my kid's pile of games and wondering what is next. There has to be something better or just as good but I really am not into play against "bots" (thanks rushing) for my main game play. The whole reason I got back into and got hooked with gaming was because of multi-player.

I will check this out and thanks ted.

I haven't touched BFlops in some time now but been playing COD4 instead and it's been more than enjoyable to say the least. Today I decided to throw BFlops in the ol' video game machine and was right back where I was two months ago. It would be interesting to put a blood pressure monitor on and compare the numbers when playing both games. Even a game that is how many years old now plays seamlessly compared to BFlops. What a pile of junk.

I have had a hard time with the graphics going back to COD 4, of course starting out with MW2. Funky lobby and funny how just that long ago the audio of the guns sounded like something from Pack-Man. laugh

I think they have fixed BO but I am totally convinced that is comes down to two things: How much your internet speed is and the how your TV is setup. I did bring mine to work and even going threw a video card there was no comparison to the 1.5megs/750k up at home. The masters of this game I personally know are running 20meg speeds and are on CRT televisions. The game has totally changed for me by just setting to 720p instead or 1080i/p, turning off auto sensing or any process that cause a lag from the TV and adjusting my TV's gaming mode to produce a lighter image. Sucks but the TV's now are not processing fast enough to keep up Xbox and Black Ops functionality and graphic rich features. CRT is mute to all this. Going to 720p and shutting off the auto sensing features you do not loose much in picture quality and actually can slash and win show downs. Plus I guess there is some truth that when a person with the infamous lag switch is host of the game that they can control where the bandwidth goes and who gets it.

You are wrong LIMIT. winksmile

Quote:
Find and Fix Input Lag in Your HDTV or Monitor

Is your new HDTV slightly sluggish? Learn how to check your setup for input lag--and how to ensure that the next display you buy won't suffer from it.

By Patrick Miller, PCWorld Dec 7, 2009 8:45 pm

HDTV and computer display manufacturers aren't shy about trumpeting their products' size, resolution, and contrast ratio, but they rarely report another spec: input lag--the time a monitor takes to catch up to your keyboard, mouse, or gamepad.

Input lag generally occurs in flat-screen LCD and plasma displays because the screen takes time to process the image in order to improve its quality. If you use your display or HDTV for doing general work, browsing the Web, or watching TV or movies, the lag is rarely significant; any delay is more likely to come from using a wireless keyboard and mouse and wireless Internet. On the other hand, if you use your display for anything that requires accurate timing (such as video, audio, or gaming), you may want to consider testing your setup for input lag.

Check Your Lag

There are several ways to measure input lag. One approach is to split the signal between a lagless CRT display and an LCD display (as demonstrated in this YouTube video). Alternatively, you can use a Web-based reaction test like this one at HumanBenchmark.com, which tests your response to changing colors. Try it a few times, and if you notice a significant difference (30ms or so) between the results on different configurations, one of them is probably lagging.

There is way more to it, but in the end it does come down to the amount control over a match being given to one player in a lobby of two teams. It should have a host per team. So in this sense you are right. I hope MW3 addresses this issue

That might be an issue if you are consistently being worked n merc'd. I on the other hand can say that has most likely doesn't have anything to do with my issues. If it were, I wouldn't be putting up 26-2 games then the next match same map, same team go 10-15???

Black Ops is incredibly consistent with being inconsistent! smile

I think it has to do with the host. If the host has great speed and a good conection then the host will suffer at the hands of the laggers. If the host has average numbers with the connection and speed then the game play's smooth. If the host has connection problems then everyone suffer's. The guy's at gamestop tried to explain it to me, it has to do with the server averaging out connection speed of all the players or something like that.

That may be the case, but I still go back to the point that there weren't the issues of this magnitude with MW2, or COD4 for that matter. Whatever Treyarch does with their multiplayer syncing, they do it wrong and need to figure it out.

Like Rushing and I were talking about the other day, it's a good game when it plays good but the problem is that it doesn't play good as often as it should.

Oh well, in about six months we'll have the new version and we can chuck this one in the garbage...if it makes it that long.

If the host has great speed and a good conection then the host will suffer at the hands of the laggers.

This seems to happen to me quite often. I have 20/mbs and 3/4 times I have to quit due to lagging, I am hosting. Just seems like a poor way to do it.

Honestly, maybe it is just me, but I haven't noticed much wrong with the game. Yes, hit detection has always been horrible. But I just put up with it being I know its just a game and I won't win any special awards or money if I do good. Like Lmit said, in a few months we will all be playing MW3 anyway and this game will be like a fart in the wind.

Haven't played multiplayer Black Ops in three or more weeks except I think I played a game or two with Rob at one point but maybe not. I really love Black Ops, and I bought Modern Warfare one and two just to beat the campaigns and I tried out the multiplayer and I didn't like it much at all. Black Ops caters to my run and gun style with the basic, single level maps. I just don't feel at an advantage on the modern warfare games.

I have never really noticed major problems with Black Ops to be honest. I don't really get the hit detection problem and I barely ever have connection issues unless the host leaves mid-game then it gets choppy. I used to get the occasional running behind cover and getting killed and then watching the kill cam to watch me being shot in the wide open. Other then that I love Blops and don't have anything bad to say about it. I love love love zombies, too.

Shack, I love my old tube TV for video games. Yeah I might not be able to read peoples gamertags in lobbies and such since it's so blurry, but I can kill fools like crazy on this thing. Whenever I play on HD tv's I can't do nearly as good. It always feels choppy or laggy and the colors throw me off every time. Nobody really understands me when I say "choppy and laggy" but it bugs me when I am playing on HD.

I feel like Shack writing a novel here, so I am done now. :P