• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 111

jltimm

Just as I thought, Hardy shouldn't of even been a title contender. He has no quit in him though, but all he did was survive! On another note, it sounds like Carwin will be worthy of a title shot after KO-ing Mir in the 1st round. Brock should outwrestle him though and control the fight.

I saw a quick bit from the prompter on ESPN that I think said in the last 23 seconds of the Carwin/Mir fight Carwin landed 22 punches. WOW! That guy is a juggernaut! Mir is no slouch and to put a beating like that on him is impressive.

I really don't see anyone in that welter weight division that St. Pierre couldn't beat. He just seems like he works hard and is always improving his game in whatever way he can (had Florian and Marquardt training with him).

I was a little concerned for GSP! Hardy had been marchin through guys and putting a beatin on them in the process and there is no doubt that he can thump.

In the past, GSP showed that he could be hit. That short guy that was working Hardy's camp....can't think of his name right off, he nailed GSP and borrowed the belt from him for awhile, but took a beating in a rematch...but he did tag St. Pierre in that first match.

Sometimes GSP makes it look so easy? He did the same thing with Penn, made it look easy and Penn is not an easy fight, no matter what!

JLIimm...Getting off to the side for a second, did you do anything on the Mille Lacs perch this season? Four trips for us an 4 semi jumbos to 11 inches...a pick up full of little ones, tulibees, walleyes, no large perch to speak of? Last Tues. was our last day...back to the fights.

From the looks of GSP's face after the fight, Hardy didn't get to him to much he barely had a mark on him.

GSP dominated Kos the first time they fought, and if they fought again I fear the results would be worse. There is not currently a man alive at 170 who has much of a chance against GSP. It is time for him to move up and fight his way towards the 185 belt. As far as the Mir Carwin fight goes, I was laughing while he landed those 20 some straight punches. Nothing better than seeing Mir face down battered and defeated.

Grebe, I gave up on Mille lacs this year! That lake has been terrible to me for 3 years now, and until I here a GREAT report from a reliable source, I won't waste my time or money on the dead sea!

Your talking about Matt Serra, he got lucky in that first fight with St.Pierre. Hardy should of been fighting someone else (not title worthy), but they have no one to challenge St. Pierre.

Throwing Hardy in there was a bit of a marketing ploy on UFC's part to keep MMA strong in England. Hardy is a gamer though.

I am glad to see Mir get knocked the f out. He needs to learn to be a little more humble.

The ref during that fight was stupid let it go on about five punches too long.

And that one dude who tweak guys knee for awhile after he taped was nasty.

that ref was bad i watched the fight online yesterday, he broke them up off the fence a few times when he should have let them go, and he didnt stop while carwin was beating mir while he was out, but i wont complain about that i loved watching him get beat senseless. It would be nice to see GSP move up but i think thats gonna be awhile before that happens

A few extra punches to that Umpah Lumpah mushroom shaped head of Mir is all for a good cause....!

On the other hand, that dude that continued bending that other guys leg, well after the guy had tapped, should be penalized somehow? Something like that could end a career. I seen Matt Hughes do that to a guy, (it might have been Frank Trigg?) Choked him well after the ref was trying to get em apart.

BJ did that with Pulver also. I bet a fine would clear that chit up! Those guys are to deadly to be given free reign once the other fighter is caught.

I would loooove to see a GSP vs Anderson Silva fight! That would finally be a challenge to both fighters, these guys are on a completely different level than anyone else in their weight class. Carwin Lesnar is gonna be an amazing fight to watch, I know most of you guys on here are Lesnar fans but I like to hate the guy, and it seems he loves to be hated.

Lets hear it guys what r your predictions to a GSP vs. Silva fight. I got Silva for the win either a knock out in the second round, or submits him in the third. Maybe a triangle since GSP loves taking his opponents to the ground and Silva's got them spaghetti type legs.

Got to agree with you. I believe he is naturally the heavier guy. Silva cuts, GSP would have to grow...well, maybe just not cut as much, but still naturally the smaller guy. He said he put on 8 pounds of muscle because he felt smaller then the opponent he fought before Hardy.

Silva is something! So is GSP, don't get me wrong, but as slinky as he is, Silva is like a large version of the rubber man BJ Penn. It would make for an interesting fight, but I think GSP would lose.

There are plenty of matchups at light-heavyweight for silva that could be exciting to watch besides Machida.

-Rampage

-shogun

-Belfort (195lbs)

-Jon Jones (could be very exciting)

-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

-Ryan Bader

-Rashad

Honestly Silva is too big for GSP he will have 3 inches on him, atleast 20lbs, and quite an advantage in reach I'm guessing. With two elite fighters size then becomes a big factor.