• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final five 2010

cbrooks

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux get to open their trophy case to add another... rodents get to open theirs to dust off their 2 "most recent" national championship awards. PierreBridge in line with feather duster to help out?

That shouldn't take too long------just kidding. smirk

Having lived here for many years, if the Sioux have a down year, I've been known to pull for the Gophers if they're still in contention, or any WCHA team in the NCAA's. Go Sioux!

I do count many Gopher fans amoung my friends, its just fun to give them some you know what when I can, as they rib me about my alligences. Fair weather? I'm from North Dakota, what the hell is that? grin

Gal darn it Foss, I already have to deal with Brooks, now I have you, a multi generation fan. Ah man, this is getting tough. And a father who is a writer. I have no chance.

By the way, I was at all the games. the Sioux came in and painted STP green. THey took over my town, my arena, and even my bars. NO Gopher gear on me last night. Actually I dont think I have any any more.

I dont think the Sioux will be in the STP region, their wont be any Beer sales. That could cause riots here with all them Sioux.

Fun game though, about time. after a lot of borring hocke.y

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
it's nice to have some of the fair weather Sioux fans back in here posting when things are going good again!

Really what this means is: "I am PierBridge, and I got . . . nothing."

gringringrin

Nooooo it means welcome back to my former hockey Nemesis Bryce!... grin

Been here all season Pierre, just on the quiet side. Sometimes better to keep quiet and come across as a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt. grin

Nice!...I choose the latter most often grin ... and its Pier not Pierre I'm not French at all K?.. smile

Pierre, the French are A**holes, lets go to Vail.

I think the setup will be pretty sweet. I like the Wild game being before the Gopher VS whoever in the Championship game. The Wild game can be both good and bad for other teams though. Gives fans from another city a chance to watch the Wild game, but could also have alot of the wild season ticket holders going to the college game taking away from the outstate fans. But honestly there werent that many out of state fans there this past weekend. I didnt see very many college students there at all, and most of the Sioux fans were alumni living in the cities. I think the wild game will be pretty cool.

As far as Bemidji and Omaha, I dont see either team increasing the attendance. They need the Gophers there to do that. Thursday night had the highest attendance.

That cant even be a put down any more for you guys brooks. Sit down so the old Gopher fans can see. I wont knock the sioux fans on that. they are obnoxious and usually out of their minds set when it comes to hockey basics. but at least they cheer.

Do the beaver hockey games get packed now? when i was there 5 years ago they didnt have huge fan support, deffinitley not enough to travel and make an impact.

Bemidji would pack the place. Would be great if the a--hole ND bozo's could not find a seat.

No . . . Bemidji wouldn't pack the place. About 100 fans traveled to Duluth and about 200 went to Grand Forks this year. Maybe 400-500 would travel to the X. Being in the CHA for so long, I think many BSU don't even think of traveling for road games. That will change with the WCHA.

They did pack the Glas this year (seats about 2,000) and I think the BREC will eventually sell a good majority of their seats (4,000). The economy in the region isn't exactly like a majority of MN suburban areas'.

Bemidji fans wouldn't pack the place. There arent enough alum compared to all of the bigger schools.

UND - 13,000 students

Minnesota - 51,000 students

Wisconsin - 42,000 students

MN - Duluth - 9,000 students

St. Cloud - 20,000 students

Bemidji State - 6,500 students

The population of the entire city of Bemidji (about 13,000) is significantly smaller than the student enrollment of some other schools so it would be a stretch to say that BSE would increase attendance. You would get some new people there but not more. There isn't a base of fans that even consider traveling to games since the games have been traditionally been so far away. But I have been to enough BSU games at UND to know that they do have a presence in the building and it isn't only 200 fans.

It would be nice if Bemidji could build a loyal fan base. It seems that there is just so much hunting and fishing up there and hockey is a distant 4th or 5th thing to do. I hope the rink helps.

Heres the plan,

Muskie trip to Bemidji, opening series, 10-16 or so, then watch a game at the new rink. What do you think Brooks, do you want me to put you on a 50?