• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Video Games Remember When

DTro

After shooting 218lbs of Deer, you got all smarty pants and decided to Ford the river instead of paying the fee which resulted in the death of 3 members of your party.

T

You had to blow on the Nintendo cartridges to make them work?

I also had to push mine in just enough for them to scrape the edge when you pushed them down. If you pushed them all the way in, it wouldn't work.

Also, those 'tendo controllers could survive so much more than today's controllers. I literally pulled mine out from the drywall one time and it worked fine. Try throwing an Xbox troller through a wall.

All of the above and grin

Seems like this was SOP after an NES has seen years of action:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Using wad of paper or a stack of coins on the original Nintendo to achieve what BM said above.

After using the new XBox controllers, I have not had the "hand cramping" like you did after an evening of using the original Nintendo controller grin

After shooting 218lbs of Deer, you got all smarty pants and decided to Ford the river instead of paying the fee which resulted in the death of 3 members of your party.

Actually I remember playing that game on an ASR 33 teletype machine!

iddqd

idkfa

I think those were codes to doom2? I remember my Grandpa got that game for me and I thought my Grandma was going to put rat poison in his coffee for that. She hated that game but whenever I was visiting we would play that a lot.

DTro I always think it had color. Just depended on what your system offered at the time. laugh

I believe that version was cira 1985 wink

Bryce, I mentioned in the other thread that my uncle bought one of the first versions of pong in the mid seventies. He paid around $300 for it back then. laugh I remember begging to barrow it when I was about 5 or 6 right before I got my Atari. He lived at grandmas still back then. grin He never did let take it home. I think it made it more special that way anyhow.

I think my family had accumulated about 20 different controllers for the Atari 2600 cuz the joy sticks kept going out.

I'd be here all day if I tried to remember everything. I will leave you with one thought: Bubble Bobble

Okay, who here had the Odyssey 2 game system? It is still at my folks' house and I believe the games are still there too. I remember learning rudimentary programming on it as well, since my Dad thought it was important for us to "learn"

I had an original Odyssey system back in the day, also had a (can I spell it right) Colecovision?? You can still find Odyssey sytems on HSO-Classifieds, just dont know how good they are.

DTro I always think it had color. Just depended on what your system offered at the time. laugh

I believe that version was cira 1985 wink

Bryce, I mentioned in the other thread that my uncle bought one of the first versions of pong in the mid seventies. He paid around $300 for it back then. laugh I remember begging to barrow it when I was about 5 or 6 right before I got my Atari. He lived at grandmas still back then. grin He never did let take it home. I think it made it more special that way anyhow.

Dude, Google "ASR 33 teletype machine".... I'm telling you, I played that game before computers had screens!