• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what type of fish decoy is your go to...

Laska

Just for fun, I'm wondering what's your guys' favorite go to fish type decoy, like northern shape, cisco, sunfish, trout ect...

Have to say mine is a 10" northern natural then a 7" shad... Trying to broaden my decoy use so I don't keep tryin the same thing or trying something too long... If you guys get my drift...

It really depends on the lake for me.

The lake that I started out spearing on it was a 10"? pike. The lake that I currently spear it is a 5"? neon yellow/orange sunny looking thing. I suppose the decoy that seems to find the hole the most often is a 4.5"? crappie. I think those two small dekes work best for me, because I spear on metro lakes with stunted panfish.

With everyone else seemingly always stating red/white I have tried a couple of those, and just don't seem to have much luck with them.

The only one I own, the 6inch red and white...well its more wood colored on top now from all the bite marks and cheap paint, sometimes I'm not so quick on the spear wink

I'm looking foward to some new ones though, my girlfriends grandpa has over 30 over his work bench downstairs....maybe if I bring him some pickled northern.......

last year it was the HBS and that was all I used this year its not producing as much for me but would have to say if I could only have one thing it would be a Hillbilly spinner

my go to is any decoy that has chartuse on it wink today it was a laska red/pearl/chartuse small sunnie decoy

I might have to start carving small deaks, 4,5, and 6in deaks seem to be workin when things have been slow this year, can't beat seein 23fish in a month off of a 4" sunny... Gotta make one of them for me I guess

Lol my bad, either ur in the right place, or that deak is hot! I think its a mixture of both watch out for the nord lord at da get-to-gator hopefully I pick my spot right... Don't think it'll mater with the nord lord present... smile

Lol my bad, either ur in the right place, or that deak is hot! I think its a mixture of both watch out for the nord lord at da get-to-gator hopefully I pick my spot right... Don't think it'll mater with the nord lord present... smile

he wont get the nord at the next one!

My best one this year was a red and white that used to be pink and black. It was about 9 inches long and 1 inch wide, with a silver spinner on the tail. This decoy was hit more than any I've ever used. I've probably got between 15 and 20 decoys. I'm always looking for another, because you never know when you need something different.