• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

big pike pics

shamalex72

This bruiser came through today, biggest one I think I have ever seen. It came flying in while I was jigging the decoy and took off right away. I had to call my wife to tell her that I just saw a big one, while I was talking her it came back in. Came in right on the bottom, then just sat there for about a minute than swam off. I was in 9 feet and the decoy is down about 4 or 5 feet. It doesn't look as big in the pics as it did out there.

P1060885.jpg

P1060889.jpg

nice pic sham and measure from the front fins to the bak fins on that decoy and that will give us a close estimate of just how thick the monster is. I know the one that I have on the wall when it first came in the hole I only thought it was 8-10 lbs at first glance so you can br fooled

That's a really nice fish, and photos! Myself, I try to note how long my decoy is (6, 8 10 inches) and then eyeball how many "decoy lengths" the fish is. One day last year I watched a few "3 decoy length" fish go by thinking that I had an 8-inch decoy. Too bad it was a ten inch decoy...

Gets the blood going. You have some fast reflexes to get the camera out and snap 2 pics!

The first time it was in and out in a flash, but then it came back and layed on the bottom, under the decoy, for about a minute or two. If I wouldn't have forgotten the memory card for the camera, I would have taken a video of it.

It is 2.5" from the front of the front fin to the back of the back fin. But the fish is about 3 or 4 feet below the decoy.

I was guessing as wide as a 2x4 or just a bit more its fun to see them big girls and I also noticed no tine marks wink

Wow, a big pike came through and you didn't spear it?!?! Who'd a thunk it. From what I've been hearing on the Musky forum we're all blood-lust killers that throw our spear at everything that swims....

What's wrong with you?!?! wink

(That was sarcasm, by the way smile )