• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shed hunting

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticks in my area have been terrible for several years now. My 4 legged buddy hasn't gone with me since early March cuz of the ticks. The last 3 years there's been a foot of snow on the ground and I've started pulling deer ticks off of him and me. I'm on my 4th can of Off this year already too.

Any tips on posting pics????? I hit 60 sheds on tuesday and will be taking a group picture shortly and was wondering if somone could help me with ideas of how to post? I don't have any exceptionally big ones, but a very decent average size again this year. There's a chance I might still pick up a few, but I've combed over most of my spots and the grass along with the leaves are getting really thick now and they will be tough to see. I still hold out hope for one more....

And another congrats to everybody on thier finds! For the newcomers to shed hunting, welcome! Once you're addicted, only thing that feeds the hunger is more bone! To the veterans, way to share ideas and help the learners and share.

i've been busy with midterms and work lately, so its kept me out of the woods unfortunately.

here are a couple pics from earlier this year. i've picked up 29 sheds so far! hoping for a few more!

19055_0.jpg

Photo0444.jpg

Photo0432.jpg

Photo0416.jpg

Photo0446.jpg

a few moose i ran into one day. got within 20 yards before they realized i was there.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

Matchset - In that trail photo, am I seeing what I think I am? The deer on the left, a buck, just got knocked around by the buck on the right, and the trail cam caught his antlers - in the process of being dropped - in mid air?

I think so!! That is a cool picture.

Nice Find LOTW! Any Morels yet?

Found this little 4pt on Thursday. I'd say it's been there for awhile. The ticks are really bad in some areas now. I picked well over a 100 off my lab after one time out this past week.

CIMG3365.JPG

a few pics from this past week, not as successful as some of u but the 5 pointer was a real treat for me, it completes a set from earlier, a 160 class deer, the G3 is over a foot long and the main beam is 25 inches, so far my count for the year is 10 moose antlers and 5 deer including 2 sets and 1 little 2 pointer. not bad for my first year, i really need a dog! [img:center]DSC03568.jpgDSC03606.jpg

picked up joe sheads book, Shed Hunting, should keep me occupied while not in the field, he even wrote a message and signed the copy for me.

joe is a great guy. defiantly knows his stuff. check out his HSOforum, his blog is a great read!