• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shed hunting

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a little cruel irony....a couple weeks ago my uncle stopped over to show me his sheds he "found". He was at a get together and somone gave a nice big 8pt on the skull as a gag gift. He asked where the guy found it and the guy said "around the corner in the dumpster. There's a bumch more in there." So my uncle checked out the dumpster and pulled out 13 more sheds...one of them a really awesome 4pt. So in a matter of 5 minutes he gets 13 sheds....and he doesn't even care about antlers.

Found this little guy yesterday. My Uncle baled leftover cornstalks, and somehow got some barbedwire in one of the bales. He left the bale at the edge of the field and the deer had been feeding on it. I just about stepped on this before I could tell it was an antler. It is a very small 2pt. Not much more time left for shed hunting. 5-12-10%20%202pt%20Shed%20ATL--Eddies.JP

I just got back from a fishing trip up in Canada and managed to find a nice paddle. Some of the guys and I spent a little bit of time and did some hiking. We went down a little river as far as we could in our boats and then followed the river up to a beaver dam. We each went our separate ways and I found a nice moose rub. I walked around the moose rub a little bit and found the paddle about 25 yards away. There are some chews on some of the points, but it is still in pretty good shape. We found some other really good areas, but didn't really spend a whole lot of time as we wanted to keep fishing. This is my first paddle, and I would say I am pretty lucky with the size. I hope to make it up to northern Minnesota some time in the next couple weeks to do some looking there.

ATL

CIMG3444.JPG

CIMG3455.JPG

Moose Rub

CIMG3442.JPG

I think it's been here for awhile, although the underside was still nice and brown.

I went up to Northern Minnesota on Sunday to check out some spots but came up empty handed. It was the first time going up there to look, but my buddy and I found several good looking spots with lots of moose [PoorWordUsage] and good browse. Its going to be pretty tough to find something right now with how green it is, but I plan to go back up a couple more times.