• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Packin for Perch" Feb 13th & 14th 2010

Event : "2nd Annual Packin for Perch"

Where : Lake Gogebic Bergland Michigan (906) 575-3545

When : Feb 13th - 14th (FREE FISHING WEEKEND IN MICHIGAN)

Meeting Place : Maple Ridge Motel

I just contacted Gus at Maple Ridge Resort, www.mapleridgemotel.com and they would be happy to have us for that weekend again. I am assuming most people will drive up Friday night and stay until sometime on Sunday, but that is up to them. The motel can comfortably sleep 20-22 and it is cheap, now if we have more they are other resorts on the lake or cots could also be used, it is completely up to the individual.

If people want to start booking their rooms just say you are with the Fishing Minnesota group and Nettie or Gus will know what you are talking about.

As for eats there are a lot of good, but not cheap supper clubs on the lake, we can also have the owners of Maple Ridge Motel set up there Weenie Wagon and fry up some grub. Drive time from the Cities is about 4.5hrs. Don’t worry about Drop Downs unless you want to sleep in them, I promise you will not be able to drive on the lake.

Greg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If v-day is going to ruin this for most people just let me know we can always change the date. When I picked the date, I thought the "Free" fishing weekend would really be an incentive to come but I might be wrong. Let me know if we want me to change the date. We will go with majority rules. I don't want to start it any earlier, so maybe a few weeks later?

Let me know your thoughts.

PK

Pretty sure I'll make it up there this year. I don't have another appendix to give up laugh

Did you all get much snow up there?

I sometimes think about those piggy perch and even though I seen it with my own eyes, I sometimes almost can convince myself they weren't real.

Time for another reminder laugh

I visited Gus last weekend and I guess all the rooms are taken. I did manage to get out 2 times over new years and did OK on 1 trip and bad on the other. The biggest being 1.9lbs and 14+ inches. I only managed 5 on the good day but the ice was pretty sketchy with all the snow so I couldn't get very deep.

I would say the ice is between 6-10 inches in most spots. I fished the Gogebic lodge both days.

I will be back out this up coming weekend.

PK

I will be missing out this year frown

But!!! This video brings me back to the fun times from last year smile

Some of you might be in it wink I have some video of Perch King pulling up a teeter, but it did not make the final cut grin

Have fun guys. Greg tell Gus I said Hi and all you guys have a great trip!

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Sadly, I have yet to get out there for perch. W/the amount of snow we've got this month alone I can't imagine getting my wheeler out there. I don't have a sled... I'm thinking that I will get out this Wed or Thursday hopefully. New job, bla bla bla... been difficult to get out.

I am off the 21st - 24th of this month so if you wanna shoot for then I'm game. You live in Ashland area?

vook