• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend ruined

Scoot

I got in my stand early on Sat morning. I was bowhunting the only piece of woods I have permission to hunt during the gun season- it's a very small piece, but usually holds a few deer. I posted it up tighter than heck (with my mo-in-law's permission) so I wouldn't have any problems with the orange army coming through. I also parked my truck out in plain view, so it could be seen from any direction that a person approached the woods from (only two ways to the little piece and you could see my truck from either way just fine). Finally, I pounded "No Hunting" signs into the middle of the wheel well tracks on the two dirt roads (besides all of the signs I had up on the woods). There was no mistaking that the woods was posted and people were not welcome.

You guessed it- 13 guys came in and drove out the woods, right from underneath me. I talked to the "leader of the pack" both in the woods and out on the road. All he could say was "I've hunted these woods for 30 years." I made it clear that I really didn't care, that it was posted, that he was trespassing, that any deer shot on the drive were poached, and that he and his crew weren't welcome there that day or in the future. He grumbled away saying "30 years..." Ironically, when I told my mo-in-law about it she informed me that in all of those 30 years he'd never once asked for permission to hunt in her woods.

I only saw one little deer after they pushed out the woods. I don't know how many deer came out of that little chunk of woods or how many they shot, but I heard them shoot about a dozen times.

It just takes one moron to ruin a weekend and to ruin it for everyone. I've cooled down now, but man did that wreck my weekend.

BTW, I'd have just called the game warden and police, but my mo-in-law would have been upset if I had. If they come back, I won't talk to them- the police and sherrif will.

Scoot, we should have all the guys done in a week or so and then you can come down again and hunt.

I had to talked with two hunters this weekend and it was like I was hassling them as they did not have permission.

Some people will do about anything to get on ones land but seem to forget it could work out better if they just asked.

I may not have allowed to to hunt but I could have sent them to some good state land hunted very little.

Thanks Tom. It was impossible for anyone to be confused on that little piece of woods. I think the same thing applies where you were at too. How did you keep your cool with them when you knew that they knew they were trespassing? I did pretty well- I didn't raise my voice, name call, or swear, but I have no doubt that he could see the steam coming from my ears. Like was said above, you can't fix stupid.

Alex, yep it was just East of Ada by my mother-in-law's place.