• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MMA

The Grebe

After that first punch to the beak, I thought that Fedor had finally met his match in that big monster. Fedor can take a shot, no doubt....and he sure the he11 knows how to deliver one also!

Bloodied and with a probable broken nose, he lays out the beast with one well placed shot to the chin....I thought he was losing up to that point?

When he isn't bending someones arm the wrong way, choking them, or strectching them out, Fedor seems like a pretty humble guy?

I don't think he would take Brock Lesnar though?

Fedor can take Brock anyday. Brock will try to take it to the ground but lets not forget that Fedor is deadly and comfortable on the ground. He will armbar him just like he did Hong Man Choi. For Brock to even stand a chance, he'll have to end it QUICK (meaning round 1) with his hammers from hell.

Up until Fedor threw that last punch I was saying Brock would put a serious woopin’ on that boy.... Now I am not so sure. lol

I will be putting down the money to see that match.... and the rematch no matter what way it goes.

I will be rootin’ for Brock no matter what, but he will have his work cut out for him.

Make it happen Dana!!!

I sure wish that Brock and Fedor would fight, but since it won't happen I'll speculate. I'd take Brock in that match up.

Rodgers was looking good in the first round. I don't know what happened to his cover as Fedor tossed a haymaker and landed perfectly on his jaw - like PERFECT. Congrats to Fedor for sure, he took a beating then delivered it back and then some.

Thats just Fedors style. Hes super smart so he takes his time and analyzes the opponent. Just like when he fought Andrei Arlovski. I really like Andrei and thought he was going to win, he even looked real good until he lunged forward and Fedor clocked him in the head. He was out cold. And Andrei is a BEAST.

Lesnar would have no trouble getting Fedor on the ground. Once there Fedor would submit him. Lesnar has no clue how to protect himself on the ground. He leaves his arms exposed way to much. Even though he's on top he would still be in serious trouble. Only way he'd win is if he pounded him out very quickly and that is pretty unlikely with Fedors ground game.

Lesnar is a good wrestler and that's it. He doesn't really know how to use it to it's fullest advantage. He needs alot more training and experience. When he learns how to improve his position and work submissions and posture up he will be unbeatable. Right now it's mostly him laying on the guy and throwing a few hammerfists. That's good enough to beat Mir and guys like that but Fedor is from another planet(level) that Mir and Lesnar can't even comprehend.

Lesnar does have one big advantage. Massive size. The only division in MMA that a guy can have a 40lb weight advantage. It's possible he could overpower Fedor. I'd still put my money on Fedor, due to his experience and talent, 9 out of 10 times. I don't think he'd knock out Lesnar but I think he would submit him much easier than Mir. Fedor is 10 times the submission artist Mir is.

More free MMA on tomorrow night on SPIKE. Captain America Couture, The Count Bisping and Quick Swick are the headliners.

At 45 I think Randy is at the end of his run and it might be time for him to leave? His opponent Brandon Vera might show him the door tomorrow night....might be the last time we see him fight?

Lesnar would have no trouble getting Fedor on the ground. Once there Fedor would submit him. Lesnar has no clue how to protect himself on the ground. He leaves his arms exposed way to much. Even though he's on top he would still be in serious trouble. Only way he'd win is if he pounded him out very quickly and that is pretty unlikely with Fedors ground game.

Lesnar is a good wrestler and that's it. He doesn't really know how to use it to it's fullest advantage. He needs alot more training and experience. When he learns how to improve his position and work submissions and posture up he will be unbeatable. Right now it's mostly him laying on the guy and throwing a few hammerfists. That's good enough to beat Mir and guys like that but Fedor is from another planet(level) that Mir and Lesnar can't even comprehend.

Lesnar does have one big advantage. Massive size. The only division in MMA that a guy can have a 40lb weight advantage. It's possible he could overpower Fedor. I'd still put my money on Fedor, due to his experience and talent, 9 out of 10 times. I don't think he'd knock out Lesnar but I think he would submit him much easier than Mir. Fedor is 10 times the submission artist Mir is.

HMMMM completely disagree, Lesnar showed good BJJ defense the second time around with Frank Mir, is very coachable, and learns quickly. Not only does he have massive size, but he also would have an advantage in wrestling, everyone forgets he was king of the hill in NCAA wrestling. I love how everyone discounts him because he was in the WWE, hopefully the bookmakers keep doing that to

One thing Couture has always done is gameplan well for his oponent. His approach is great. He may not win because of a different reason, but not his plan. I also think he realizes that his career is ending, and is trying to get as many big dollar fights in before it is all over.

Interesting article on fighters.com by Josh Turner on his opinion of Fedor and why he opted to stay out of the UFC.

I am interested in seeing how Todd Duffee will do. Not much to judge him on when he knocks a guy out in 7 seconds, albeit an impressive way to win.

I am also anxious to see how the Lesnar vs. Carwin turns out.

I dont think Rogers is half the fighter Lesnar is, and Rogers did a good number on Fedor in the first round Rogers could have won but he let up while ground and pounding him. Rogers also gassed in the first round, something I doubt youll see from Lesnar. I also think Lesnar is a heck of a lot stronger than Rogers.

Fedor is a phenom. He looks like an out of shape has been but wow is he fast, and will mentally pick apart an opponent. I love that he isnt a one dimensional fighter. Totally man handled by the asian guy, he found a weakness and totally exploited it.

I think it would be a completely great fight all around, a total nail biter. I think everyone underestimates Lesnar, but the guy is a machine and probably works out hareder than anyone in the UFC. But watching the Fedor/Brett Rogers fight, Lesnar gonna be able to match strength and speed VS wits and speed?

Cotoure and Vera fight was pretty uneventful. For sure cotoure controlled the fight, hes smart, utilizes the clinch successfully. I'm sure Vera was frustrated. Vera did get a few nice kicks in, but against a veteran like cotoure, you're gonna have to throw more than that. Good fight nonetheless.