• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Sellout Streak

hoppe56307

The game against the Avs last Wednesday was 18170. I don't think that was a sellout. It will end this year. People are losing interest with the 3-8-0 start. I look at it a different way, we are guaranteed to see the Wild win every game and see free hockey (OT) at the rate we're going grin

The streak ended a while ago, almost 2 years if a sell-out is actually a sell out. I've been to at least 4 games where there has been close to a 1,000 empty seats. I know at the end of last year lower levels were going for as low as $20 on the street...

I went to a few games last year, late last year for me, there were no $20 seats for lower level on the street. I think the other guy had it right, anything over 18,000 is sell out. Also I think sell out is tickets sold not bodies in the seat, so if 200 season ticket holders don't show up, their tickets still count

18,064 is an official sell-out for Wild games. And the streak is still in tact. Like all other major sports, they count tickets actually sold, so no-shows don't make an impact in terms of a sell out. I think it will end soon as well, and not just because of the product on the ice. In the past, the Wild didn't need to sell as many tickets to reach a sell-out, but there are fewer season ticket holders now. (People on the waiting list don't want to buy the high-price tix in the lower bowl. And companies have a hard time justifying the expenditure in this economic climate.)

It'll be kind of sad when the streak ends ... it's the longest in hockey, and one of the longest in all of pro sports.

Wild not realy even recognized as a team in NHL by most.

If your over 50 you know what we talk.

But it is fun to go down a watch other STARS come to town.

Got to like Wild line up though...maybe they just go play some haockey an have some fun win some games.

Anything can happen even with a rookie hump coach behind the bench.

+1 OnAFly

we have never done well in the play offs... but we have MADE the play offs... seems pretty darn real to me! grinlol

and of course.. we did just beat the defending stanley cup champions... on their ice... just sayin... wink

Expansion team, ie.... Not the MN Northstars.

Some people just cant get over the starts moving south under cover of darkness.

I do see the wild having some "growing pains" this year. Lots of big changes this past off season not to. But the product will get better.

On a side note, am I the only one who likes the new green sweater w/o the bobcat looking picture thing?

"On a side note, am I the only one who likes the new green sweater w/o the bobcat looking picture thing? "

- Nope, I love that jersey. I kinda wish I hadn't bought my red one at the end of last year.

Yeah, that whole deal with Norm was b s, but I just don't think it's worth holding it against the new team...IT WAS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO!!!!

Green Jersey wears well, but just a money maker..its all about moeny ya know.

Red one blows, but looks nice on girls.

Green one i a winner...but still think white jersey is one of best new ones around.

LEAFS is top dog to us.

Habs next, or Bruins........

Cagary is great to....fun stuff.

But money money money.

smile

Wild Expansion is correct.

To many teams, Wild prove nothing except they ice a team an play medium hockey.

North Stars leveing was grim, for some..others did not care until they were gone.

smile

Moose had no chance, just something to do.

To many teams, to many subpar players.

Big money runins things.

It is spoded to be entainment, bring your best each night.

If a coach thinks you stink it up...you sit.

Was totaly impressed when New coach sat couple Wild guys for that very thing.

Play or sit or move on.

Wild need to use talent they have.

Basic stuff...could bring lots of wins.

Hit, shoot, score...know where to be when to be there.

Just rambling but when at the rink some nights I feel this game is not very good any longer.

Maybe my age?

LOL

Lil guys bullied out of game, now only huge big tall, musle head guys.

Some fine talent in league, don't read me worng, but for the prices we pay I feel the WIld could do better.

They have played the game their whole life...when you going to BRING IT?

Gel, come together, get used to new system...all [PoorWordUsage] media uses to keep you comeing to game or tune in.

These guys know how to play, coach has to find what whorks, who wants to WORK an let them fly.

He is learning FAST!

I enjoy Wild, had tickets since day one...but feel around league they get lil respect until they prove they can play an owner an Managment can ice a team year after year.

tuff to do as money takes good players away..so that is a big difference in game today.

Misss days of 6 teams, 12 teams even 16 teams...but todays game is kind a nutt, but I still go an still pay for NHL Center Ice.

LOL

So I'm a guilty as anyone for acepting this medium type haockey game as a aguise fr what once ws a great spoting event each an every time to the rink.

Nuff rambling.

Oh yeah...Wild need new broadcast team for Tube.

My lord that is horriable to listen to.

Has to be the worst dueo in NHL...ever.

frown

They much work for dogs n popcorn!

GO WILD!

T

laugh

Yeah...Jwhjr...sometimes I just fly...all in good fun...never personel.

Dig the wild..just think they could do better.

Lace'em up an bring it.

smile

Love my hackey..but some of it is just so sad.

But better than watchen anything else on tube or water freeze.

smile

10 months cancer free so everything is fine like a good old mellow red wine.

smile

Pay no attention to my ramblings.

smile

Come fishen sometime have some laughs.

T