• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thunderheads ?

Archerysniper

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the blades coming out. My friend just started shooting bow this spring and last mounth I told him to start shooting broadheads instead of field points to get ready for hunting so he bought a six pack of thunderheads after I told him I have shot over 30 deer with them and never had one fail now he just looks at me laughs and says thaks for the bum steer. He has them put together right I even put one together for him and had a blade came out he is not shooting small diameter arrow so you don't need the special adapter. It's a morrel broadhead target we are shooting into. I'm kind of leaning towards some bad metal on his ferral.

I've killed all my deer with Thunderheads as well, but I have lost a blade here & there. I've got a couple in my 3D target somewhere & I've occasionally lost one in a deer. It doesn't impact there effectiveness that I can tell.

I don't mean I hunt with them with only two blades, just saying if the blade comes off it's already in deep somewhere doing damage.

I've killed all my Deer with them and still use them. I haven't had any issues with blades falling off. I do change the O-Rings after a year to keep fresh ones in place.

I bought some of the Rage 3-blade last year to use Elk hunting so I haven't had a lot of experience with them.

I'll be going to the fixed blades after I burn through my TH's.

Koonie is on the right track. Get some U.B.A.R(s), basically another washer that is needed when shooting the combination of Theads and carbons from what I've been told. The Theads I just bought came with the UBAR's in the package but you can buy them separately.

I'll just add that there are many higher quality broadheads out there and saving money is usually a great thing but the broadhead is what kills the deer and we should have nothing short of 100% confidence that our broadheads will do the job with a well placed shot.

100 grain heads 100 grain blades what it looks like is the front of the blade is not staying in the point, but he has only lost one blade at a time we screwed them in tight with the broadhead wrench and the blades won't move if you try to wiggle them then he shoots pulls his arrows and thier is a blade missing he is not shooting at the same spot with all his arrows so he is not slamming the heads together in the target it has me stumped and him swiching broadheads.

I've shot Thunderheads for years and have had no problems. The UBAR has no affect on whether the head is put together right, the UBAR just 'necks down' the broadhead to the carbon arrow. The key is 1) make sure the tip of the blade is all the way in 2) The most important thing is that the ring has to be over the end tab of each blade, then put on the rubbber O ring. After tightening, grab each blade and see if it comes out, before shooting. Also if your head comes loose from the arrow while shooting, the blades could easily slip out. Put some string wax on the broadhead to help keep it tight. I could see where after shooting round after round where the head could come loose and bingo your blade is out.