• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i pod got wet..

me and my buddies were goose hunting, i look at the fish finder, 4.4' deep i jump out its like 8 waders fill with water and everything gets wet.. so i opened up the back ov my 2nd generation ipod nano. it only works when the ipod is plugged into the computer if i unplug it it shuts off...

I've done this to my phone several times. Take out the battery and dissassemble as much as you can. Then throw it in a ziplock bag of white rice for at least 24 hours. It will suck out all of the moisture that is creating short circuts in your system. It's always better if you dont try to even turn it on until you've done this. That way there's no chance of frying anything. It's possible since you've already tried to run it, that it's too late, but...I'd give it a try. You might still get lucky

Another 2nd gen. iPod owner eh? Mine (60gig) is still kicking after numerous encounters with dew and moisture. The bag of rice trick works really well. I love how whenever I pull it out people still say "Is that an iPod? That thing is huge." Let us know how it turns out.

Broken Line,

You just might be out of luck.

When you plug the unit into a power source is when the chemical reaction begins, tht is why everyone says remove battery right away, stop the current flow.

It may or may not come back, more likely not with what I have seen workin on cell phones over the las 12 years.

Best pratice keep it in a ziplock bag if you have to take it with and keep your phone in there too.

Not 100% but it'll at least give your electronics a chance.

WW

try charging it first then use a heat source such as a top of a lamp for a couple of hours (this worked for me) if it has been wet a few times it will not work.Don't try to warranty it because they no if it has been wet, something to do with where you plug in the power source(something changes colour inside that hole)

So you say it works fine when its plugged in to the computer? I have a feeling that the only problem is your battery is shorted out and broken. I wouldn't use it anymore until you get the battery out, and I would try to get it out ASAP in case it's leaking.

I see there are replacement batteries online for under $10. You have to take it apart to replace the battery, but there are videos on the web that show you how.

Something else might be wrong with it, but if it works when plugged into external power, then $10 is worth a shot.