• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Vikings 2009

fishin58

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Jackson limped to the sideline, where he was checked out by head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman. Jackson missed only one play before returning, but he overthrew wide receiver Darius Reynaud on the next play and was intercepted by safety Eric Frampton.

There's that accuracy again....

Quote:
The play happened during an 11-on-11 period. Defensive end Jayme Mitchell beat right tackle Ryan Cook off the edge and forced Jackson to step up in the pocket. He stepped awkwardly and then limped off after the play.

Ryan Cook beat off the edge? Naaaaaaah...

Just a microcosm of the upcoming season boys.

I disagree with you Pier on T-Jack. Nobody has ever questioned his arm strength or accuracy...it's his lack of decision making skills and leadership abilities . I don't think a clear-cut starter will be named until after the second pre-season game and his initials may be B.F.

That pretty much what I said Zep! Almost verbatim! and yes I'm hoping for one B.F also...

For the rest of you clowns ... I'm sorry you guys are not paying attention to the reports from camp from beat writers, players, and fans that T-Jack has looked much better and has been way more accurate in camp and has a way stronger arm than Gus version 2..before his injury of course.

Preposterous is your guys lack of understanding of what is actually happening down in Mankato. Not surprising though! I would suggest opening your eyes for starters... smile

I never said T-Jack is great I'm just reporting the facts from Mankato so far....

Maybe Sage will end up beating him out and maybe like I stated above T-Jacks lack of reading defenses and decision making may give the job to Sage. But at this point you T-Jack haters are LOSING...PERIOD.

Stay tuned though things could shift your way... grin

Of course if T-Jack does get the nod you'll just use Chili as your next excuse...same ole same ole!

So you, or the purple kool-aid drinking reporters in Mankato, believe that he's better than Sage. Wow. That's saying a lot and setting the benchmark pretty high, don't you think? I mean come on....how can anybody be better than Gus freaking Frerotte, i.e. Sage Rosencopter?

Looks like the Vikings have a Pro-Bowl QB on their hands!

Katy, bar the door!

No... I said he's outplayed Sage so far and has been more accurate and has a stronger arm.... so far. Nothing more nothing less.

And no neither will be going to any pro bowl IMO.

We are hurting big-time at the QB posistion...K? smile

But please keep reading more into it than there is it makes for a much livelier thread... grin

so tjunk is way ahead in the competition because he gets hurt every other play and misses practice?...then he comes in and throws pics and gets hurt again.....i think sage has a better chance of winning the competition when tjunk is actually out on the field...we should start placing bets lol

lol go jackson!!!!

MANKATO - Tarvaris Jackson dropped back to pass and felt something pop in his left knee as he stepped up in the pocket.

Already wearing a brace after suffering a sprained left knee early in camp, Jackson had even more cause for concern Friday night in the Vikings' full-pads practice at Blakeslee Stadium. "I felt something very uncomfortable," he said.

Jackson limped to the sideline, where he was checked out by head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman. Jackson missed only one play before returning, but he overthrew wide receiver Darius Reynaud on the next play and was intercepted by safety Eric Frampton.

Jackson seemed to favor his knee the rest of the practice, but he said afterward that his knee felt fine.

"I just felt something pop for a quick second," he said. "But after I walked to the sideline it was pretty much OK. It's fine."

The play happened during an 11-on-11 period. Defensive end Jayme Mitchell beat right tackle Ryan Cook off the edge and forced Jackson to step up in the pocket. He stepped awkwardly and then limped off after the play.

Jackson still was not 100 percent after suffering a Grade 1 sprain of his MCL. However, he didn't seem too concerned that Friday's scare will cause any setback.

"I just tried to hurry and step up in the pocket," Jackson said. "I guess I moved too fast. My leg kind of got caught and popped.

"I guess I wasn't ready for that right now. But it's fine. It's not bothering me. It was just something awkward for me. I think it was just some scar tissue."

Jackson and Sage Rosenfels continued to split reps with the first-team offense as their competition officially entered the second week. Both did some good things early in practice, but Rosenfels had a stronger overall performance in the team's second full-pads practice of training camp.

"Every practice I feel like I'm thinking less and just playing," Rosenfels said.

Both did some good things early in practice, but Rosenfels had a stronger overall performance in the team's second full-pads practice of training camp.

Really? That's not what I just read a few posts up.

I must be reading into that paragraph more than I should. whistle

lol i hear ya...pretty much everything i've read and people that i've talked to that have been down in mankato say sage has looked better and obviously has been practicing more.

only report that i've seen that said junkson had an edge was the very first couple days where it said tjunk had a slight edge so far because he is more familiar with the playbook....i think its been pretty much downhill since then for him....i remember that game where one of our offensive linemen accidently bumped into junkson lightly and he flew to the ground like a ragdoll and was injured...that was messed up.

Vikings coach Brad Childress is remaining patient as Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson compete for the starting quarterback job.

"I'm not slapping a grade on it," he said. "Obviously, (Jackson) had missed time, so it wouldn't be fair to sit there and say, 'Well, this guy's ahead by virtue of the fact he had five more practices.

"It's a good competition," Childress said, "and it's all headed toward the cumulative work here during practice and then I want to watch them compete with the lights on."

At least on Saturday night, Rosenfels appeared to have the stronger performance. He had a long completion to Percy Harvin early on, down the right sideline, with rookie Asher Allen in coverage. Then, he threaded a pass to Darius Reynaud with safety Tyrell Johnson all over the young receiver.

Jackson had some nice throws, including a 19-yarder to Jaymar Johnson after avoiding a sack. But he had a lowlight of the evening, with an overthrew pass intended Reynaud that safety Eric Frampton picked off.

MANKATO, Minn. — After a somewhat sloppy practice this morning, Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress wasn't pleased with his passing offense.

There were various penalties and miscues. At one point, Childress asked for a new right guard with the first-team offense after Anthony Herrera committed a false start. And although Percy Harvin caught two long passes down the sidelines, Childress isn't happy with where things stand.

"We've got a long way to go in the passing game, long way," Childress said. "The plan is to get there, but I'm not going to say pretty happy. I wouldn't classify it that way."

When asked to elaborate, Childress said: "I just think we have a lot of work to do in all areas, whether it's throwing it, route running, protection, blitz pickup, breaking, beating man to man, know where to sit in the zone. We've got a long way to go to be happy with the passing game."

Childress won't allow for any sloppiness at this point in camp.

"I don't know what's expected," Childress said. "I don't have a day-by-day expectation. I just expect it to be good every day, and some are better than others."

Among the mistakes that were committed:

John David Booty threw an interception to cornerback Derrick Roberson.

Antoine Winfield intercepted Tarvaris Jackson because of what appeared to be miscommunication with tight end Jim Kleinsasser.

As the pocket collapsed, Jackson stepped forward and had the ball poked out by defensive end Jayme Mitchell.

Both quarterbacks seemed to have trouble with short passes to running backs in the full-squad scrimmage Friday night. But Sage Rosenfels definitely had more notable throws than Tarvaris Jackson. More important, Rosenfels avoided any glaring gaffes, something he had been hampered by in earlier practices. Jackson had a few highlights (a 19-yarder to Jaymar Johnson after avoiding a sack, and a play-action pass to Visanthe Shiancoe for about 20 yards). But he also had a bad interception.

Highlight: Rookie receiver Percy Harvin had a slight step on rookie cornerback Asher Allen down the right sideline, and Rosenfels completed a nice pass. The play was quickly whistled dead. But the question would have been whether Allen could have dropped Harvin for a 30-plus-yard gain, or Harvin could have escaped for an 80-yard touchdown. Too close to call.

Lowlight: Give Jackson credit for quickly returning to action after slowly walking to visit with trainer Eric Sugarman following a pass play. But Jackson immediately overthrew 5-foot-9 receiver Darius Reynaud, and his pass was intercepted by safety Eric Frampton, who raced down the left sideline.

Sounds like if you were a young defensive back trying to make a team that the Vikings training camp would be a fine place to be. sick

The comments from Chilly seem a little over the top from him concerning the passing game. He just usually isn't that straight forward when talking about the team or certain performances...maybe he knows something that we don't and he's just setting the table for future things to come... grin

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
Both did some good things early in practice, but Rosenfels had a stronger overall performance in the team's second full-pads practice of training camp.

Really? That's not what I just read a few posts up.

I must be reading into that paragraph more than I should. whistle

WOW... Sage had a stronger overall performance in the teams 2nd full pad work after T-Jack has been out with an injury? Amazing Limout simply amazing...

Like I said originally Sages best chance to start will be because of injury...

And no FISHGURU Sage had not looked as good as T-Jack up intil the Injury so deal with it... grin

I almost feel like LIMIT here with the bait "fishguru being hooked" being taken here..LMAO!

Back to reality..... Favre is the only real solution here folks.

poor pier...the only guy in the state that thinks tjunk was lookin better...what was that the practice or two before junkson got hurt? he got hurt right away like always....you'd think 3-4 years in the system he MIGHT have a slight edge on a guy thats just coming in to the first practice or two muahahahahahahahha!!!!

tjunk is tryin to play i'm the tough guy trying to win this job while i'm injured card...he's foolin pier...he might fool chilly....funny how whenever he makes a mistake he was hurt...funny how he hears things in his knee pop and tear but he's perfectly fine.....he's folding under the pressure just like always.

Saying TJack has looked good in camp is like Jacksonville saying "Troy Williamson is catching everything thrown his way and has been the best receiver in camp."

It's a whole different story when the games count and defenders are trying to rip your head off. TJack just can't cut it under pressure.

Saying TJack has looked good in camp is like Jacksonville saying "Troy Williamson is catching everything thrown his way and has been the best receiver in camp."

It's a whole different story when the games count and defenders are trying to rip your head off. TJack just can't cut it under pressure.

lol drum roll for that one....good comparison!!

junkson has already threw more pics and has more fumbles even though he's only practiced half as much!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
hey i'll be just as happy as anyone if tjack plays awesome...whoever our starter is i'll be cheering for them reguardless....he didn't get the nickname t-awesome for nothin!!

He also didn't get the nickname t-junk for nothin!!

Yes, that's a quote from fake Vikes fan who are really - motor city kitty fans.

We got your number now, SANDMANND-BLEADS BLUE and SILVER

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

so tjunk is way ahead in the competition because he gets hurt every other play and misses practice?...then he comes in and throws pics and gets hurt again.....i think sage has a better chance of winning the competition when tjunk is actually out on the field...we should start placing bets lol

Not another quote from one who claims to be a vike fan but is actually a puker fan. I know those who call Vikings names are for sure pretenders trying to stir the pot.

Yep, after the name calling it looks like FISHINGURU TRULY BLEEDS GREEN & GOLD