• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

British Open

IFallsRon

I'm retracting my statement that Watson has no chance to win.

I feel better now. wink

I think T. W. will be the new Geritol spokesman. He holds up the bottle, gets that patented gap-toothed grin and cocks an eyebrow and says: "When you gotta go head to head with a tiger, this stuff is just the ticket."

Go Geritol Tom! gringrin

Almost makes me regret that I'll be out fishing the next two days and will have to settle for the ESPN-bozo recap after I get home. frown

Wow!

I wacthed the whole thing today. I actually dont think anyone played any better today than watson. he was really the most consistent golfer out there. he had a few small mistakes - but overall not bad at all. he might shoot 80 tomorrow but he might shoot 67 and win. It will be interesting. i wish they could give him some kind of trophy right now - I dont think we will realize until years from now - what he is really doing. The man will be 60 in 2 months. Tiger Woods doesnt even make the cut. This is truly amazing - and even if he doesnt win - I think it should still go down as one of the bext performances in golf. Retief is only a few shots back - and he always seems to hang in there on tough courses.

Watson is quite possibly the best links player ever and I don't think you will see him make any mental mistakes. And folding under pressure?, forget it, this is the same guy that stared down Nicholas and won, I don't think he'll be intimidated by the likes of Fisher or Goggin's.

If his body holds up so he doesn't develop a lazy swing, watch out.

Go Tom. laugh

That has to be one of the best tournaments I have seen. So many players having a chance right down to the end.

I still think Watson played the most consistent today from tee to green. He just had those misses on a few shortish putts. Imagine if that 6 footer goes in on 18? That would have been some story! When he missed it - I figured the playoff would be a huge let down for him. He missed some fairways which he didnt miss at all during the regular rounds. To at least tie at the age of almost 60 is an unreal accomplishment. Probably one of the best performances ever. Even though he didnt win and Nicklaus did at the masters when he was 46 - I think the watson performance is even more impressive. I feel very bad for Tom - but Cink was probably on top of the list for "best players without a major". He is still a young guy- and is already 10th on the all time money list. So, he has been a consistent performer.

Darn, as much fun as it was on the water these last two days, I'd have had as much fun cheering on Tom from my living room.

We got updates on the IPhone in the boat, and that was cool. Tom "Mr. Links" Watson has absolutely nothing to regret. Amazing golf. Just wish I'd have been able to see it.

I didn;t mean for it to sound like I was giving you a hard time about Westwood- just trying to understand the statement that he was tough to play with.

As for Poulter- I also thought Tiger would run away with it...

So, this whole Hazeltine thing....

I see now. No harm done.

Once again anything can and did happen at the Open Championship.

Poulter "should" win a few majors. I think his ego gets in the way of his ability sometimes. It's possible his clothing style and color choices affect his vision. wink

Hazeltine. Hmmm. I'm thinking that Steve Stricker is due.