• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Playoffs

Quackaddict9

First and foremost let me say this I can't stand the Redwings and do not like the Pens much better, and when these two teams make it to the finals I said to myself "here we go again just like last year same 2 teams probaly same outcome. Yawn". BUT this series has been fantastic and I have a hard time beleiving 2 other teams could have this excitement for the cup this year. I have actually cancelled other plans to watch game 5 tonight. Go Pens!!! Did I just say that? I guess I did

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the officiating will get worse in game seven. I'm pretty sure you could bring a knife on the ice and not get called. #7 should be exciting. If Pittsburgh can stay out of the sin bin and move the puck better in the wings end they have it.

Where were all of the calls against the Pens in the first two periods? Matt Cooke should be thrown out of the NHL. Not once has he gone after the puck. He just goes around looking for a guy he can blindside.

Apart from that, great game last night. I can't wait for game 7 on Friday. I'm sticking with the Wings taking it. When the Pens don't have the last change, they have trouble keeping up.

PS. Has anyone seen Hossa in the last 24 hours. He came up missing last night.

I don't care either way but the referees and the rest of NHL management sure want Crosby and the Pens to raise the Cup. Just some brutal officiating last night...

T.O., I agree, and it's been that way the entire playoffs. Last year I was actually rooting for the Pens, but this season, the N-WWE-HL has been ridiculous w/ trying to get Cindy his cup and I'm starting to hate them more than I hated the Blackhawks as a kid. They have all of their advertising banked on him, and are doing everything in their power to make it happen (i.e. the non-suspension of Malkin even though he was given the instigator in the last 5 minutes, which is supposed to be an automatic 1 gamer as well as all the cheap [PoorWordUsage] that the pens have gotten away w/ at the end of the games they've lost). I told friends before this series started that you could take the pens to the bank and they were chirping after the first 2 games, but we've gotten exactly what I figured from that point on. Now that they've gotten to game 7 to get more air time on network TV, we may actually see a legit game (hopefully); and may the best team win.

Agreed, I'm just hoping for a good game tonight. I don't hate the Wings as much in the post cap era. They can't just buy players like they used to. Now they succeed through solid drafting and coaching. Also, the style game they play can be just too pretty not to like at some times.

As for Bettman, he is an [PoorWordUsage]. His business plan is to expand the league into new markets. Unfortunately, these markets include place like Florida, Phoenix, LA, TAmpa...well most of the south, really. Watch those games. The arenas are maybe 1/4 full and when the teams go belly up, he tries to keep them from moving to a place where they can succeed, at least financially. His plan equates to selling ice to Eskimos...it just doesn't make sense.

Back to playoff hockey - best hockey there is. Last game of the Stanley Cup is by far my favorite sports night, especially game 7s.

You guys were saying??? LOL

Not sure if anybody heard this stat but in all the major sports there has been 19 game sevens for a championship in the past 20 years ( I think they said 20) and the home team has won EVERY ONE of them.....

UNTIL TONIGHT! Great game close till the last second.

It's a great thing to see Detroilet not win a cup. But I also do not like the Pens, so this years Cup final didn't do much for me. At least there were northern teams in the finals instead of a So Cal team or a Florida team. I also heard from someone that it is a written rule that Wisconsin cannot have a NHL franchise. Anyone know about this, I don't feel like researching it?