Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Bohemian Waxwing...

15 posts in this topic

They're in town (my home town) and they're here in numbers!

I really did luck out yesterday afternoon when I stumbled upon a miniature crab apple tree that had 100 plus Cedar,s choking down the fruits of their labour!

IMG_8521-1.gif

That's a beauty, Stu. It's a Bohemian waxwing, FYI. smile

Thanks Steve and thanks all for your comments!

Thank you Steve for pointing that out too!!! wink

That is a beautiful bird! Didn't know we had Bohemium Waxwings in this part of the world.

Are they relatively rare here? I know I've never seen one.

That is a beautiful bird! Didn't know we had Bohemium Waxwings in this part of the world.

Are they relatively rare here? I know I've never seen one.

Bohemian's nesting grouns is the Northern Boreal forrest. They travel south during the winter months to places like southern Manitoba and into North Westerm Mn.

IMG_8527-1.png

Once again, thank you all for your comments! I consisder myself very fortunate to have stumbled upon these beauties. I'm also pleased that I have the opportunity to share my findings so that others may also enjoy Mother Nature's incredible creations here. No doubt she had her thinking cap on when she was painting these colorful birds! wink

IMG_8625-1.png

They just keep getting better and better! They are beautiful photos.

They just keep getting better and better! They are beautiful photos.

Glad you're enjoying them as much as I am! wink

IMG_8590-1.png

IMG_8634-1.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I see that the morans are still falling for the fake shiat.......   WASHINGTON — D.C. police have identified the man who was arrested after firing a gun inside of a restaurant Sunday afternoon in Northwest D.C. Edgar Maddison Welch, 28, of Salisbury, North Carolina, told police he went to Comet Ping Pong, a popular pizza place in the 5000 block of Connecticut Avenue Northwest, to “self-investigate” the conspiracy theory generated by a fake online news story, D.C. police said in a news release Sunday night. Comet Ping Pong was the target of the conspiracy theory that went viral before the election. The fake story claimed the pizza shop was home to child-trafficking, and that there was a connection between the pizzeria and Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Initially, D.C. officials had said that while the motive for the incident was unclear, it wasn’t likely tied to the fake news story. At around 3 p.m., police responded to reports of a man with a firearm at Comet Ping Pong. The suspect entered the restaurant and pointed his firearm in the direction of an employee, police said. The employee was able to escape and call police. The suspect had ordered everyone out of the restaurant then fired his assault rifle inside before he was taken into custody. Two firearms were found inside the restaurant and an additional weapon was found inside Welch’s vehicle. Welch was arrested and charged with assault with a dangerous weapon (gun), police said. There were no reports of injuries. Police said the area was safe and that the incident had not been a terrorist situation. Comet Ping Pong’s owner, James Alefantis, made a statement late Sunday night after the shooting, denying what he called “malicious and utterly false accusations.” He said that employees were getting the day off Monday, but hoped that operations would resume in a few days. Alefantis added, “I hope that those involved in fanning these flames will take a moment to contemplate what happened here today and to stop right away.”
    • 5 dollar bubbler, 5 dollar cooler and the theft of my wifes hot glue gun for 5 minutes and I have a minnow bucket that keeps them cool in the summer and wont freeze in the winter.  toss in a 94 cent scoop that hangs from a string and that's a price that's hard to beat at the store.
    • It's neat and I love looking at stuff like the Geniejar but it seems they are solving a problem I never had.
    • I've used the cheap vinyl fly line too but always get the coil effect unless you weight it fairly heavily.That can make you a lot further off the bottom than you think when you use the weight to set them. It coil even changes the depth if you set them with a flasher. I tried the new Suffix tip up line, they have braided and vinyl, and the vinyl was limper than my usual stuff but the braided was a real hook magnet. It's so thin if you break a strand or two you've lost 1/2 your strength it would seem. Is this all we have to think about? Come on Ice! 
    • How about "Minions Cheer for Crony Capitalism"?.....  
    • You should be able to find a way better price than that.  We had a 21' done for under $1k, and a 24' done for $1100.  
    • I'm a huge fan of fly line.  Remarkable hard to tangle or knot.  
    • I think the money is front loaded but the cap hit lives with us forever. The NHL also penalized these kinds of contracts in the last CBA so we are likely stuck with it no matter what happens, not sure on the details but I'm sure we will hear all about them if things get bad. We should get some cap relief when we lose a guy to Vegas this off season so sort term we aren't too bad. Koivu off the books after next season, Pommers the season after next unless we buy him out which is possible. The Suter and Parise contracts are going to hurt us in the long run no matter what we do, it's just something we 100% had to do at the time to become a competitive team.

It's just too bad that Pommers and an injured Parise had their production tail off because some of the younger guys are having nice seasons and for us to have any kind of a chance at a cup we needed everyone clicking at once. Not that it can't still happen but it just makes it harder for us.
    • Excuse me, I meant fly fishing line, not backing.  I use a level taper (uniform diameter throughout entire line length).  I don't know what the coating is but it is fairly intermediate sinking rate.  Just don't get floating line. 
  • Our Sponsors