• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New sled for a bigger guy

If you raise the seat higher, you will raise the center of gravity and the more it will tip during hard corners. I'm 5'8" and I have to use a lot of body english coming into hard corners (I have 144 studs though) and a higher seat would make me have to work even harder. If your track isn't studded, then I don't think it will be as big a deal. As far as a sled for a taller guy... I really can't answer that question but I think that the setup for all sleds, dimension-wise, is pretty close to the same when you look at the space between the front of the seat and the dash of the sled.

i dont think 6 inches would hurt and being as we bigger we have more weight to throw around i do alot of cornering with the trottle it has plenty to pull me around the corner

no studs on mine either

they would limit my quick trips up and down the paul bunyan trail

Studs or not (would make no difference to me), I would definitely look into a seat similar to the Boss highrise if you want a higher seat. On my 2001 Pro X 600 I had 4 year ago I removed the stock seat that sat fairly low and put on the Polaris shorty racer seat which was much better as it sat higher.

I am 6'4" and now I have a hard time riding anything but a Rev, mainly because of my back. The Yamaha Phazers also have a good seating position IMO. Some say they hate having their knees bent all day, but what sled isn't your knee bent on? I my hips/knee can't take sitting in the traditional seating position that most Polaris and AC sleds put you in, especially on bumpy trails. The traditional seating position is also much harder on my back especially in bumpy trails. I rode my father in laws 2008 Crossfire 8 recently and was very happy to sit back on my Rev. It's much harder for me to stand up from a traditional sitting position (so I don't get pounded) vs. the rider forward position. Most of my riding is aggressive and I have no problems in the corners (I'm always moving side to side), and on the trails in MN that get bumpy many time being able to stand up easily is a plus.

so your saying you have a polaris racer seat on a rev ???

thats what i have mxz adredeline 600 04 can i get a seat

that sits higher for that ??

to honest i've been riding with legs kinda bent under and gettin use to actually thinkits making my back feel good but on long rides being 56 they will stiffen up some so bout 6 inches would mean alot i also ride rather aggressive and dont believe it will be a problem in hadling at all

so your saying you have a polaris racer seat on a rev ???

Nope, I put the Polaris racer seat on the Pro X 600 which originally had the standard style seat. I then sold that sled and bought a Rev.

I have not done anything to the Rev at this point, but if I was to make a change I would put a Boss highrise on it. Only bad thing about that is the price of the seats (roughly $500). The highrise seat sits 3" taller than the stock seat.

This was the Pro X with the racer seat. It sits a couple inches higher than the stock seat.

90397ef8.jpg

Edit, this is not a Boss but a stock seat that was redone to make it taller (thanks UP!):

seat_rev_yellow.jpg

Thanks UP....I just glanced at the pic when I was searching for one and didn't look very close!

It looks pretty close to the highrise hardtail design though. Thanks for the pc of the real highrise seat!!!

Here are a few of the choices from Boss:

BossSeatsCompiled.jpg

thanks much

i'll hafta go in to the ski doo shop and look

i was also thinkin about a upholserty shop down the road might make one alittle cheaper than ski doo

thanks again for the info both of you

You probably wont find the Boss seats at a Skidoo dealership.....but then again I have never really looked so maybe you could.

ya they dont make any thing for leg room

boat seats

vehilce seats i use to drive big tracks mack trucks were the worse

i'm heavy equipment i sit on a boat cushion alot or in the coarse of the day my knees bind up

shower heads in motels you hafta get on your knees

i put my own in my house it plenty high

i'm only 6'2 ....6'6 gotta be really a b-----------h

K dawg that $$ thing. well a nice boat $8,000 even used! well anywhere i go a 16 ft lund will do.

How fast does it take to spend 500.00 on fishing or hunting? well a newer sled cost 4,000 to 8,000. Now to spend 500.00 does not sound that bad. Some people like hunting, fishing and snowmobiling now Add the $$$ up. i dont have a boat but my fishing buddys always need a good guide. LOL

Boss high rise seat is not for everybody.

i got mine used 300.00 shipped from south dakota.

K dawg that $$ thing. well a nice boat $8,000 even used! well anywhere i go a 16 ft lund will do.

How fast does it take to spend 500.00 on fishing or hunting? well a newer sled cost 4,000 to 8,000. Now to spend 500.00 does not sound that bad. Some people like hunting, fishing and snowmobiling now Add the $$$ up. i dont have a boat but my fishing buddys always need a good guide. LOL

Boss high rise seat is not for everybody.

i got mine used 300.00 shipped from south dakota.

I don't have a problem with spending the money, but I have no clue as to what difference the seat would make? Is it that much more comfy? Is it much easier on the knees?, etc... If it were to significantly improve my riding experience, I'd probably spend the bucks on one. Kripe, I'm only 5'8" and my knees definately get sore after 40 miles or so...

yea I am 6'5 and 275 so I know where northlander is coming from, I can almost sit against the backrest of my artic cat 2up when i stretch my legs. my neighbor just bought a 07 artic cat F8 and that has an adjustable seat which raises up a few inches, I am thinking of getting a newer sled in a year or 2 so I want to know what will be the best fit for me too.

Hey im about 6'3" 330lbs. I have the same problem, I ride a 99 ski-doo formula 3 and I sit over the rear storeage compartment. It sucks, its a surprize that they could make such a crappy snomobile, and its not just ski-doo I've rode cats and polaris's that were the same. Well I had a old MXZX that had a firmer seat and wasnt so bad.

My brother has an 06 ski-doo MXZ on the Rev, and that is definitely the way to go. Your body is more up right and legs down at your side insted of in front of you. Kind of like riding a ATV or dirt bike. And if you want you can put on one of those higher seats but I dont think you'll need it. Next year I'm up gradeing to a new REV.