• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow V.2 "T-Jack"

PierBridge

chilly's philosophy at the time was to try and cater to tjack because everyone seen first hand that tjack wasn't capable to do the things he wanted at the time...when gus came in and showed we could pass the ball all of a sudden our running game got good...remember with tjack we couldn't even run? we tried to run to open up the pass even though tjack has single coverage for all them games he played dating back to last year....remember at the end of the season when all the D's found out tjack can't pass and just stacked the box and AP was worthless the last handful of games?

and yeah definatly a top tier qb would work just fine in chilly's scheme...your insane if you don't think even a top 10 qb in the system wouldn't be redicolous...you gonna tell me if you take away gus or tjack and replace them with peyton, brady, brees, rivers, ect, that we couldn't come from behind lol? you wouldn't even need a qb of that extreme though....and btw a good qb would audiable out of the play call and take the single coverage all day.

our team is built to win a championship, thats the statement we made when we brought in berrian, allen, madieu....we have a top flight D that doesn't allow many points even when our offense turns it over in our own territory and we pound the rock with the best of them.

if our qb situation was on lockdown our team would be much better...i think everyone knows that if your a tjack fan or not.

Well Childress won't even let Gus audible so forget about Jackson being able to audible. And of course a top tier QB like that would make a difference but thats just a dream. Those guys don't come along to often and we won't be seeing one anytime soon with the $$ invested other places.

I think you need to go check AP's stats the first 2 games of the year when Jackson played, he had plenty of yards. You should also go check Jacksons stats the 2nd half of the GB game when Childress opened things up and let him pass. He had 14 completions for 160 yards and let the team to 17 points in a comeback attempt against a team that knew he was lining up in shotgun to pass. He was given a chance to toss the ball around and he did. Next came Indy when AP ran like mad in the 1st half. Remember the end of the 1st half? 30 seconds left. Childress lined Jackson up in the shotgun and 3 passes and 50 yards later the vikes were in FG range. He let the kid play and didnt handcuff him. In the 2nd half the colts adjusted and Childress did not. I was in the stands that day and in the 2nd half myself and the people around us were able to guess 4 out of 5 plays called that half. The colts loaded up on AP beyond belief and Childress didnt even TRY to take advantage of the 1 on 1's. He put the handcuffs on and gave Jackson no chance to succeed. Then when it was 3rd and 7 Childress tried to pass the ball when the colts were playing pass. Real tricky he was i tell ya.

i hear ya...i'm not a chilly fan on how he calls plays but then when i watch other teams their coaches are just as dumb sometimes lol...makes you think you could easily do their job better...they out trick themselves tryin to do the opposite of what the other teams think their gonna do instead of taking the easy 1st down to thier strengths.

if you remember all that you have to remember the look on tjacks face when that game was in his hands and he had a chance to take us to victory and he looked like a deer in the headlights? his eyes were the size of owls and he really did look like he just seen a ghost...then he came out and made a mistakes cause the pressure was on.

the true stat you want to look at is how many sacks he eats compared to good qb's...that shows his hesitation and not knowing what to do....the good qb's took twice as many snaps as him but had around the same sacks taken or less.

also his qb rating when we are tied or behind is way lower then when we are ahead.

our O-line is pretty good for a qb to take that many hits...and another thing was his reliability...you have to remember when he was always getting hurt and playing dead? those are the things he has to overcome.

he's mobile and has a big arm, but his brains and reliability isn't there yet.

i'd like to see it...i'm a viking fan...i don't want to see us have to spend money we don't have on a qb we took this long to groom when we could put it somewhere else and be that much better.

This is how i see it. I have never said Jackson is the answer. But what frustrates me is when Jackson is handcuffed. For anyone to really know one way or another we have to see this guy without the handcuffs on. If the vikings are in a tight game and Jackson is 11-18 and throws for 150 yards and no TD's and he is only allowed to throw the ball in obvious passing downs, to me that is not giving him a chance. We saw Chilly today give him a few shots and it paid off. On 1st and 2nd downs those outside recievers will be 1 on 1, take those shots then. You can't expect him to succeed by only tossing the ball on 3rd and longs. That being said though i would like to see Jacksons 3rd down completion rate these last 6 quarters. Its been pretty darn efficient. Hes done a good job keeping the chains moving when asked to do so. This next game will be a test. Atlanta has a nice squad. I don't think the running game will have quite the success. Jackson might be asked to do more so we might get a better gauge on whats going on.

I just do not understand how benching an “up and coming” QB after the first couple weeks in post season will help how he plays in the future.

I think it's standard protocol in the NFL to sit even the best of young QB's as long as they can afford to. Every once in a while a Ben Roethlisberger comes around, but for the most part a young QB has little to no chance of succeeding.

My gut feeling is, if we had went 1-1, it would have never happened. I feel politics, media and public pressure and a "starting" loosing streak had more to do with the benching, than it being a tactical/strategic training lesson. I am not against benching a player for the right reasons, I just felt this was not a justified (coaching) reason. I am not a coach though grin

But, who really knows? Things could of happened with T-jack behind the curtains, that we do not know about. Attitude with coach's, locker room, something in his personal life we did not hear about that made him step up and say "let's just do it". I do not know? I never heard T-jack going off on a rant about being benched.

To me, I think he got a raw deal. Sure, by 0-4, bring the rumors out in the paper.

In the end I do not blame T-jack, but more the coach's. Why even start him at all??

If it was “text book” to bench a QB after the team looses two games in a row, man their would be some toasty warm bench's in the NFL grin

james...i think the whole team is playing a little more loose players and coaches...we are leading the division playing a more comfortable style and taking some shots...its paying off when teams watch film and see we can and will burn ya deep.

tjacks stats have been real nice the last 6 quarters...he's probably averaging a 140 rating or so.

atlanta will be a real tough task...the toughest of the last 3 teams we were worried about imo...especially if the giants sit some of their guys.

shack....coming into the season with our off season moves the whole issue was the question mark at qb...like i was saying we were making a championship statement with our moves.

some of the fans were on the tjack wagon and some weren't...when we started out 0-2 in games everyone felt we could of won...the qb takes the heat just like with every team when the offense struggles and chilly was getting nervous because of high expectations so we made the switch ( zigy might even of had a say in this).

when you make the switch it makes tjack think the job just isn't his to have and he has to earn it or keep it...which hopefully made him study like never before, sit back and just chill for awhile and observe....it was obvious he was trying way to hard and not having fun....maybe now he can go out and have some fun and be more relaxed....hopefully everything just all of a sudden clicks and the game slows down for him...its happened 100 times when people thought a guy was ready but really wasn't then they get benched just to come back down the road and look like a totally different player.

he did everything he needed to do this week. the real test is coming up though. AZ isn't the best defense out there and the next two weeks could basically be playoff type games. Atlanta is basically in must win mode to make playoffs and if giants lose next week to carolina, they could be in a must win game vs. the vikes to get the #2 seed and first round bye in playoffs.

I'll admit I'm one who hasn't had much confidence in tjack and have my doubts about the upcoming games but hope I'm wrong.

Still not eating crow, and won't even if he wins the Super Bowl.

Had a good game, but he looked absolutely terrible in the past. He is playing well now for he is taking chances and it is paying off for him right now.

And, a great defensive performance and a great running game can make a QB look fantantic.

But, I will say this...how about our coach? I think I was the only person backing the coach early this year.

I have been critical of T-Jack in the past becuase he hasn't been able to take any steps toward being an NFL Qb in the past year and a half. Yesterday was the first time i saw him make NFL caliber throws.

He still only had 11 completions for under 200 yds but he did what he needed to do. I don't really care that he had 4 td's, I only care the he made some good throws and put the ball right where it needed to be.

It was finally a step forward for him. But lets remember its only 1 game, you can't crown a guy or cut a guy based on one game. He has still shown us alot more bad stuff then he has good stuff.

Even yesterday he had a few shaky moments. He doesn't seem to be real comfortable in the pocket yet. He doesn't work through his reads very much. He primarily locks on his first option and if its not there he starts to get nervous and thinks about running. At somepoint he will need to find the confidence to stick in the pocket and look for 2nd and 3rd options. But for today I'll take yesterday has a sign of life. I am now atleast onboard with letting T-Jack play out the rest of the season assuming he doesn't regress back to his prior self, which i am still fearful may happen.

That is what I see too...he only looks at 1 option when passing. This last game, he was getting the ball to this one option.

He is a good backup. Will he ever be more than that? I don't know, I just don't see it.

I, for one, hope to see us look for a different veteran QB in the off season.

But, I will say this...how about our coach? I think I was the only person backing the coach early this year.

I will also admit that Chilly has made some big improvments as well. He has opened things up and the results speak for themselves. At this point there is no way that Chilly is not back next season. Each season he has taken this team a step forward to this season where he may be a potential division winner. You just don't fire division winners.