• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sax-Zim bog meet up.

Today jonny_redhorse, stfcatfish, jimalm and myself went down to the bog for a little exploring. It turned out to be a great day. We got some great shots. Okay guys start posting!

Here is one of the gray jays checking out the buffet in the back of the truck.

jaytruck.jpg

And a few others.

grayperch.jpg

jaymeat.jpg

cickadee.jpg

Cool images, Jay.

I'm just about done downloading, then it'll be a matter of some sorting and post processing before I can post images a bit later.

Can't wait to see that other new thread with the ermine, either. It was amazing, watching the way that guy kept trying to get into yours and jonny's vehicles for the tempting taste treats that were there. It was all I could do to stop laughing at his antics long enough to take pictures. Get that thread going, man! gringrin

Sure was a great day in great company. smilesmile

I can only say it was one of the better or should I say best days in the bog ever!.....just a great funfilled day!....Going to be awhile to top it!...and great company!...here's some of my first images,will add more later... grin

Frame_P1060192-1.JPG

Frame_P1060137-4copy.jpg

and of course the most famous.......chickadee-de-dee grin

Frame_chickadee71.jpg

managed 1 quick image before this old baldy took off....

DSCN3968-1copy.jpg

Certainly understood Ken!....We missed your presence!..the meet just happened to fall on a holiday weekend....lots of winter left yet!......Here's a few imageS of the participating bog "hoppers" grin....

Here's Jim (Jmalm) and Jay(JayinMN) thinking..."You ready to cross that swamp?...I don't think so!" grin

P1060115-2.JPG

"You check the ice first Mr.Redhorse,Then I'll follow" grin

P1060116-4.JPG

Moses and his staff about to cross the River Jordan grin (actually STcatfish"Steve" about to cross an abyss "ditch" on HWY #7 to chase a flock of elusive redpolls !) grin

P1060117-2.JPG

"I think you guys got me on a wildgoose chase!" grin

P1060118-1.JPG

"OK Mr.Weasel....We know your hiding...come on out!" grin

P1060186copy.jpg

and so the light fades over the Sax-Zim Bog...it's been a good day...

P1060218copy-1.jpg

This was such a great day and the company that I got to share it with was just outstanding. You could not hand pick a better bunch then Jonny,Jay and Steve to share some memories in the bog. I have so many pics to share but I will just add a few for now.

IMG_3227pp.jpg

IMG_3287pp.jpg

IMG_3296pp.jpg

IMG_3303pp.jpg

IMG_3408pp.jpg

Hey Boys! - Thanks so much for sharing your images and adventures with us. It appears to have been a great afternoon in all respects. The images are just great - birds, weasel and the boys!

Thanks Jonny for posting the map of the bog as well - we may be up in the area later this winter & I'd love to take a drive thru the famous Sax-Zim bog. I look forward to seeing more images when you get back in to check your stations too.

Those Steger mukluks are nice Steve....Someday I just may break with the bucks and get a pair.....someday grin....but I think I'll pass on the purple anorak....One plus is if you get lost....the rescue teams would spot you faster grin....I think there should be a study on color preferences of timber wolves.....They seem to like the "color purple" grin

I could've worn camo, buzzy, which is my usual getup, but then what would Jonny have had to photograph? smilesmile

Good point! I could use that coat to wear to the Vikes tilt tonight! wink

Okay, enough, I'm just playin' with ya. Hope we can meet up some time this winter when I get up in your neck of the woods.

Yeah, Jonny, while the anorak is mostly for show, the mukluks are totally for go. Those things have been my primary footwear for the last six (going on seven) winters, and nobody could ask for warmer feet.

It's odd, buzz, that a Packers fan like me wears a purple anorak (I bought it used and couldn't pick the color) and a purple Otter ice fishing shelter (It was a gift and I couldn't pick the color). gringrin