• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New home made gear

lets see what tyler says he be the ND connection...

So far, in my neck of the woods, birds have been scattered. Not much of a "migration" going on yet. If you're up for a locked in date, I'd start zeroing in on the second to last weekend of October through the first weekend in November. Granted, weather will play a large factor, but that's typically when we begin to see fresh, fat green beans.

I'll keep you posted wink

Mutha- I have a few taxidermy questions to ask you. Can you send me a PM or give me a way to contact you.

I have a commercially tanned bear hide from the 2011 season that I picked up in August. I would like to finish the rug myself.

I saw in Vandykes catalog the rug forms. Ear Cups and so forth. My skull measured 19 1/4" . I am looking for sizing recommendations for forms and eyes as well as suggested tools for doing the work.

Thank you

Steve

Mutha, tried sending you a PM but your mailbox is full.

On that note, if you're planning to come up, I'd do it soon. Birds are on the move and are staging in areas. My schedule is really tight for the next few weeks, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out with you if you come. That said, I could point you in the right direction. Send me a PM if you want to talk further. You can fill in Gordie later ... if you feel like bringing him grin

PMd ya.. Deer season is when I can get out of here..Even got the students on alert for a rescheduled day if needed...They took it pretty good..LOL

Not sure but hope Gordie can kill those deer right away..Sure would be fun ....

Bought a go pro after Maxxed had good to say about them and tested it out.. SWEET little camera..Die'n to fill birds DIE'N over the new decoys...

Finally found the card with a few pics on it..

Had issues on this trip beond my control..

They are SUPER mag sized and match up with the P2's pretty good..

Gonna add 12-18 more feeders, might add in a few pintails and wigeo for next fall...

Well let me know whatcha think...

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

I made these to go on my kayak with a bunch of sleepers..

IMG_3354.jpg

Mutha, please shoot me a PM. Have a few ?'s for you. I just picked up some rare Herter's coot dekes, and may need some heads painted or built. My son and I are going to have a burlap day at the house next summer... painting in detail is NOT our strong suit... wink

Muthagoose, I recently viewed this topic and I've been inspired! You do some great work. I've thought about making decoys before and after seeing what you have done I'm going for it. I've done some searching on the web and found lots of helpful info. I like making my own stuff and getting gratification out of using it. I've made plastic fishing lures for ice fishing and open water and when I catch fish with them it's a great feeling. Dropping ducks or geese over decoys I made would be awesome. I was going to pm you but as I thought it was full. I'm sure people ask you a lot of ??'s. I would greatly appreciate it if you could explain to me how you make molds for your heads.? Or point me in the right direction. Pm me if you could or post here.

Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the good..great..phenomenal work!

Saying goodbye to my low boat...

Sold it yesterday.... Boat, blind cover and trailer..

Hummmmmm Now what to build ?????

This one? She was a beaut! Wish i would have heard about the sale! frown

full-27051-32153-wallysboat3.jpg

Thanks. Not an Autumn Wings... Actually a super dense polyurethane foam head from Bigger Water Decoys out of Pensylvania. Getting some canvasback heads from them too for Herters 72 bodies I painted. Really impressed by the quality of their heads.

May mold my own heads next offseason. Got through 30 old Herters this winter/spring.

They did buy Toledo, I'm pretty sure. Here's a couple more from the winter... Goldeneyes are Bigger Water Decoys I got as raw bodies/heads and burlapped. Herters were all dinged up, so I burlapped and painted. Definitely getting into the hobby. Need an airbrush next go round.

full-10883-33397-image.jpg

full-10883-33398-image.jpg