• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New home made gear

Thanks much for the kind words.. Tyler I will be coming to ND this fall just waiting for the mallards to pile up and its ON..

Ive already started to resculpt new heads and have new ideas for full bodys.Ill try and get a little video of them in a windy field. Might be best to do this along crop field shoreline in ND???? I hear the water reflects differently there and it would be the ultimate test.

I down sized the buffs this year to a litte mag size from the jumbos from last year..

Once again lighting is bad and the mettalic greens,blues and purples didnt show ARG!

Ill try and get these out on water next week for better pics...

IMG_0102-1.jpg

IMG_0101-4.jpg

Well this is my first attempt at redheads.. Got a work on the hens a bit more but the should fool the dumb ones..

The feather highlites went POW in the light..

IMG_0107-3.jpg

IMG_0115-5.jpg

IMG_0113-5.jpg

Got a few more to do then onto the Hoodies and woodies..

Well they might not be the best eating,LOL, but they do work as a confidence decoys on ringers ect..

They sell pretty good for mantle blocks at Christmas which is why I make few now and then...

IMG_0116-2.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119-1.jpg

I will get the hens foot painted soon.Go figure...

Hope'n to get to painting the wooducks next week.

Finally getting to paint the wooducks today..

Thinking of doing/adding one or 2 speicies to my list this winter.. Thinking of pintail,wigeon,gadwall,Blue or Greenwing teal.Was kinda considering Spoonies but I dont see them to much and am wondering if they would be worth the time to scuplt heads for.....

What do you guys suggest I try next???

This is my first attempt at..Ofcourse my photog abilities are less than desirable..Gonna see about getting a few on the water shots soon with some of this seasons work..Huge Thanks to my buddy Don for all his help.

Well let me know whatch think...

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0125-1.jpg

IMG_0127-2.jpg

Well it hit 100,000 hits..Should I keep this going or have ya seen enough?

Ive yet to post my kayak with a dog blind,a roosting black ducks and floats on it.Gonna have to wait till I get it in use for those pics the end of the month..

Thinking as fast as the woodies went and all the mallards are gone that those will be my inventory birds for next fall Looking at adding wigeon and of all things loons..