• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Taxidermist?

Gus

I need some reccomendations for a great taxidermist. I have a very nice 11 pt that I plan to mount. I've never had anything done before so any help in a good taxidermist who pays attention to detail would be great. I've seen some bad mounts and want to make sure I pick a good one. How do you go about picking a someone? Not afraid to drive for the right person but Grand Rapids area or North metro would be preffered.

Thank you for all tips.

Mid America in savage is the one I would recommend. If you bring the whole deer to them they may cape it for you, at least they did for me. Give them a call. They have a show room that you can see there work.

selbys wildlife taxidermy in nicollet he does mounts for cabelas and scheels also north star taxidermy near st. peter if u need numbers let me know both of these guys do awesome work they used to own a shop together but went on there own a few yrs back

selbys wildlife taxidermy in nicollet he does mounts for cabelas and scheels also north star taxidermy near st. peter if u need numbers let me know both of these guys do awesome work they used to own a shop together but went on there own a few yrs back

IMO i think jeff does a bit better work than selby as I have been going to jeff for 11 years and I aint changin for a reason he did my uncles dear a while back and its still looks brand new, he has done all of my birds and they can be seen in the collection pics in the waterfowl forum

The only one to go to is Mid America Taxidermy in Savage. He does african mounts to fish mounts and are always superb. Personally I have had many things done through him and everything looks so much better than your close to home taxidermists. Also he is the one who does the Outdoor news contest for the Grand Prize free head mount. So you know Mid America is a very widely known and respectable place.