• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lions and Tigers and Bears...(8 pics)

And one wolf too. I Went to the MN Zoo today for the first time. I should have done that a long time ago. Wow they have done a great job with the exhibits. You should go if you get the chance. Any C&C is welcome, I hope you enjoy them.

Puma

Mountain-Lion.jpg

Amur Tiger

Amur-Tiger.jpg

Brown Bear

Bear-1.jpg

Brown Bear

Bear-2.jpg

Amur Leopard

Amur-Leopard.jpg

Mexican Wolf

Wolf.jpg

Prairie Dog

Prairie-Dog.jpg

"Grackle"

Black-Bird.jpg

Grackle, blackbird its all the same to me. The zoo did a nice job with the exhibits in that they present a lot of opportunity for non zooey shots. I think maybe I let the shutter speeds get a little slow, I guess I should have bumped the iso up to 400. Between shooting through the glass (of which both bear shots were) and into the shadows any motion in the animals caused a little blur. Live and learn I guess, next time I know what I will have to pay attention to. Thanks all.

The first Bear is with the Nikon 18-200 VR, all the rest of the shots were with the Nikon 70-300VR some with a kenko 1.4 tc that allows the auto focus to work if it is bright enough. The glass was not very clean, but it was just water spotted and not too smeared up. All of the bear shots had a green cast to them that I cleaned up with the levels in PS Elements. It was a good day of learning.