• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ely grouse for Wanderer and Neighbor Guy (pics included)

I tagged along with Wanderer and Neighbor Guy, who were up hunting ruffed grouse near Ely this weekend.

These were just from Saturday morning's outing. A great hunt with cool guys and good dogs, and a darn good time (these guys can shoot!) gringrin

Heading out

2952653668_993d64ed75_o.jpg

Wrong-way dog

2952657430_b7d393f296_o.jpg

Nothing in there

2951800233_87fe75a6ea_o.jpg

It flushed THIS way

2951804817_987c48defd_o.jpg

C'mon guys, let's get going

2952649640_1a455d09d1_o.jpg

Perfect retrieve

2952647166_37e4032cdf_o.jpg

Good dog!

2952645666_5160b5bac4_o.jpg

Mmmmmm, smells tasty!

2951803517_07a5b91990_o.jpg

A fine morning's work

2952648480_7017e33fe0_o.jpg

Nice tail

2951793437_70729f349f_o.jpg

Very nice pics.... But I am more impressed by the two labs that can hunt grouse cool

Your camera must be really nice. I thought my wife took some nice pics last week but yours put them to shame.(dont tell her I said that) Here is one of hers. (it sure isnt clear and vivid like yours)

IMG_0685.jpg

Hey Steve,

It's hard to NOT compliment you on your skills!

I was glad you wanted some camera time and were willing to tag along. The conversations are great and, for some dang reason, the game responds to our chatter.

We went back the following morning and couldn't buy a flush even though we know we left 4 birds behind. We think you took them back home. gringrin

We spent the rest of our time re-checking a couple spots found last year and then some more exploring for new stuff. We found promise in some areas, but were far less efficient birders once you left wink

I would like it if you would send some of those pics to my home.

Thanks for the great time.

2thepointsetters,

Thanks for giving the labs the up-nod. My dog Jesse (the white one) had been weened on pheasant hunting. The grouse hunting is a bit touchy with her yet but she's workin it out.

Pics sent to the e-mail address in your profile, Tracy.

Wow, maybe I should hire myself out as personal good-luck totem. I think the birds just gave away their positions because they were running from the big lens. That's what they usually do. gringringrin

Very nice pics.... But I am more impressed by the two labs that can hunt grouse cool

Like was said above, a work in progess. My dog spent as much time at my heels as it did hunting. Steve even caught it on film grin.

Steve, I am glad you were able to make it out. Hopefully you got the shots you needed between all the chatting and the ribbing. wink It was a great time. The company, the weather, you could not ask for more. Even the bird's wanted in on the deal.

2thepointsetters,

Thanks for giving the labs the up-nod. My dog Jesse (the white one) had been weened on pheasant hunting. The grouse hunting is a bit touchy with her yet but she's workin it out.

I think grouse are the hardest bird for any dog to learn to hunt. I spend hours working my setters on grouse so they learn how to handle them. Dog work is half of it, shooting grouse on the fly also takes lots of skill also. Keep up the good work.