Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Foss

Ely grouse for Wanderer and Neighbor Guy (pics included)

I tagged along with Wanderer and Neighbor Guy, who were up hunting ruffed grouse near Ely this weekend.

These were just from Saturday morning's outing. A great hunt with cool guys and good dogs, and a darn good time (these guys can shoot!) gringrin

Heading out

2952653668_993d64ed75_o.jpg

Wrong-way dog

2952657430_b7d393f296_o.jpg

Nothing in there

2951800233_87fe75a6ea_o.jpg

It flushed THIS way

2951804817_987c48defd_o.jpg

C'mon guys, let's get going

2952649640_1a455d09d1_o.jpg

Perfect retrieve

2952647166_37e4032cdf_o.jpg

Good dog!

2952645666_5160b5bac4_o.jpg

Mmmmmm, smells tasty!

2951803517_07a5b91990_o.jpg

A fine morning's work

2952648480_7017e33fe0_o.jpg

Nice tail

2951793437_70729f349f_o.jpg

Very nice pics.... But I am more impressed by the two labs that can hunt grouse cool

Your camera must be really nice. I thought my wife took some nice pics last week but yours put them to shame.(dont tell her I said that) Here is one of hers. (it sure isnt clear and vivid like yours)

IMG_0685.jpg

Hey now. Thanks for the kudos, guys, but really I just posted these to show what a great time Wanderer and Neighbor Guy were having and as thanks for allowing me to come along. smilesmile

Hey Steve,

It's hard to NOT compliment you on your skills!

I was glad you wanted some camera time and were willing to tag along. The conversations are great and, for some dang reason, the game responds to our chatter.

We went back the following morning and couldn't buy a flush even though we know we left 4 birds behind. We think you took them back home. gringrin

We spent the rest of our time re-checking a couple spots found last year and then some more exploring for new stuff. We found promise in some areas, but were far less efficient birders once you left wink

I would like it if you would send some of those pics to my home.

Thanks for the great time.

2thepointsetters,

Thanks for giving the labs the up-nod. My dog Jesse (the white one) had been weened on pheasant hunting. The grouse hunting is a bit touchy with her yet but she's workin it out.

Pics sent to the e-mail address in your profile, Tracy.

Wow, maybe I should hire myself out as personal good-luck totem. I think the birds just gave away their positions because they were running from the big lens. That's what they usually do. gringringrin

Very nice pics.... But I am more impressed by the two labs that can hunt grouse cool

Like was said above, a work in progess. My dog spent as much time at my heels as it did hunting. Steve even caught it on film grin.

Steve, I am glad you were able to make it out. Hopefully you got the shots you needed between all the chatting and the ribbing. wink It was a great time. The company, the weather, you could not ask for more. Even the bird's wanted in on the deal.

2thepointsetters,

Thanks for giving the labs the up-nod. My dog Jesse (the white one) had been weened on pheasant hunting. The grouse hunting is a bit touchy with her yet but she's workin it out.

I think grouse are the hardest bird for any dog to learn to hunt. I spend hours working my setters on grouse so they learn how to handle them. Dog work is half of it, shooting grouse on the fly also takes lots of skill also. Keep up the good work.