• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is Oct 17- Oct 21st too late to plan a trip?

ZEEK1223

Personally I would rather take a duck hunting trip this time of year, but I promised my buddy a trip this year. I tried to talk him into a hunting trip but he wont even hold a gun.

Im worried that we might hit the turnover. Do you guys have any favorite fall lakes. I was thinking vermillion, but worried about turnover. I live in the metro, but willing to travel. I just want to get my buddy, who doesnt fish much into some nice action. Thanks

If you're worried about turnover hit a lake that doesn't turn over like Mille Lacs. Not even a concern there and the fishing should start turning on soon.

I'll be on the Cass Lake chain during the same time period.

I don't think it's ever too late to take a trip, as long as there's not ice building, that time frame should line up perfectly for the October Full Moon phase, lots of great choices to be had as already mentioned, Mille Lacs should have a good night trolling bite going if the water temps drop a little more, Winnie, Leech is just a sleeper waiting to explode, just pick some big water and have fun.

I was reading in the weekly outdoor news, that big stone lake near ortanville is really great in the fall. My neighbor has land near there and invited me to use his lodging. I might just go there because my buddy sleeps in till noon anyway. That way I can pheasant or duck hunt till my non-hardcore outdoorsman friend wakes up. Killing two birds with one stone.....pun intended...

I was reading in the weekly outdoor news, that big stone lake near ortanville is really great in the fall. My neighbor has land near there and invited me to use his lodging. I might just go there because my buddy sleeps in till noon anyway. That way I can pheasant or duck hunt till my non-hardcore outdoorsman friend wakes up. Killing two birds with one stone.....pun intended...

Big Stone can be very good. There are some great perch and white bass opportunuties there as well. The hunting is pretty too I hear. wink

I'd hit up the Rainy River. I've never been but have heard some great reports up there this time of year. As far as hot spots, just check the lotw and rainy river forums, there's usually really good updates on there.