Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZEEK1223

Is Oct 17- Oct 21st too late to plan a trip?

19 posts in this topic

Personally I would rather take a duck hunting trip this time of year, but I promised my buddy a trip this year. I tried to talk him into a hunting trip but he wont even hold a gun.

Im worried that we might hit the turnover. Do you guys have any favorite fall lakes. I was thinking vermillion, but worried about turnover. I live in the metro, but willing to travel. I just want to get my buddy, who doesnt fish much into some nice action. Thanks

Fall fishing for eyes cant be beat! I have spent many days fishing Winnie, Leech, LOW in the fall and had my best fishing then!

If you're worried about turnover hit a lake that doesn't turn over like Mille Lacs. Not even a concern there and the fishing should start turning on soon.

I'll be on the Cass Lake chain during the same time period.

I don't think it's ever too late to take a trip, as long as there's not ice building, that time frame should line up perfectly for the October Full Moon phase, lots of great choices to be had as already mentioned, Mille Lacs should have a good night trolling bite going if the water temps drop a little more, Winnie, Leech is just a sleeper waiting to explode, just pick some big water and have fun.

I was reading in the weekly outdoor news, that big stone lake near ortanville is really great in the fall. My neighbor has land near there and invited me to use his lodging. I might just go there because my buddy sleeps in till noon anyway. That way I can pheasant or duck hunt till my non-hardcore outdoorsman friend wakes up. Killing two birds with one stone.....pun intended...

LOW/Rainy River. Fish the gap area as well as the river. Many places to stay and the walleyes should be in the river after the shiners good by then. Im headed up in a week or 2 myself.

Thats a great time to go out fishing. I just booked at Appledoorns for the 17th and 18th. Should be an excellent walleye bite on ML. I hope!

Matt,

I'm there now and will be when you'll be too. See you then.

I was reading in the weekly outdoor news, that big stone lake near ortanville is really great in the fall. My neighbor has land near there and invited me to use his lodging. I might just go there because my buddy sleeps in till noon anyway. That way I can pheasant or duck hunt till my non-hardcore outdoorsman friend wakes up. Killing two birds with one stone.....pun intended...

Big Stone can be very good. There are some great perch and white bass opportunuties there as well. The hunting is pretty too I hear. wink

Jamison shoot me a e-mail mine to you keeps getting bumped back. We leave tomorrow am for Mil Lacs. Thanks

I'd hit up the Rainy River. I've never been but have heard some great reports up there this time of year. As far as hot spots, just check the lotw and rainy river forums, there's usually really good updates on there.

Sounds great Jamison! Will see you in a week. Hopefully you'll have the pattern down by then laugh

Great time of year to fish. I don't head out of town. The Croix hold some great fishing that time of year.

Thanks Rodmaker he just called me. Sounds like a tuff bite down that way. Maybe Ill stay home where I know I can catch fish. wink

Ya get to work man. You had enough sleep. grin

Good luck. I hope you find some cooperative eyes.