Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mudcutter

UNREAL STAT!!!

23 posts in this topic

been around this game for sometime--- but this stat blows the mind.

The last 5 times the Cubs have been in the postseason,, they have been elimanted by losing 3 in a row. 1984,1998,2003,2007,2008. The statistical odds of that happening are unreal,,, like 1:500,000 at least when you do the math. I love cheering againist the Cubs,,, cause IT ALWAYS works out!!!!! What a pathetic franchise. Bring on 101 baby!!!!

might I add,,, that's 6 in row lost in the postseason under SWEET LOU. Alfonso Soriano--- come on--- what a joke--- check out his Postseason stats. A.Ramirez= joke.

People say they didn't see it coming,, it's been coming for 100 years people.

The worst sports franchise of all time--- continues.

make that 9 in row lost in the postseason if you include trusty dusty.

That is 1 reason to combine the 2 Ill teams and that way they would only be disappointed 1 time instead of 2.

might even put a better product on the field.

G.C.

Jesus Louise.....Cubs have 2 div titles in a row and best NL record and are called pathetic or joke?

Not worth the ink I'm typing with to debate that hateful post.

Hey we have to pick on somebody and your team is it again. Your team has been steady, however I am sure you want more than just a first round appearance each of those years.

G.C.

Hey Geno,

Twins arent much better the past few years either in the playoff's. 2002, 2003 & 2004 were all one and done in the playoff's also, why isnt anyone mentioning that stat?? Could we call that pathetic or a joke??

I was hoping the Cubs would of made it farther but their bats went silent.

I agree of course that they stunk it up again by not hitting or scoring or progressing further but let's give some kudos to the Dodger pitchers too. On any given day........

LA is a tough opponent with Manny on their team now, they hit the you know what out of the ball the 3 games they played.

Quote:
Twins arent much better the past few years either in the playoff's. 2002, 2003 & 2004 were all one and done in the playoff's also, why isnt anyone mentioning that stat?? Could we call that pathetic or a joke??

Not hardly! and a terrible analogy.

Let's compare a Big Market team with all the money in the World and NO Worlds Series titles in 90 years to a smaller market Team that spends wisely putting us in the Playoffs regularly while winning 2 World series in the last 20 years. I could be a little more critical of the Cubs but I think we get the point.

Go Pack... grin...LOL

Pier,

You know what is really sad for Twins fans? I heard the Chicago radio guys talking about them and they were saying Thank God Polad is so cheap, could you imagine the Twins with a few hired guns on the team. They were saying that he has the money but won't cut loose. We will have to see what the Rays do in the next few years. A team like that with a 43 Million dollar payroll has got to go no place but up. Those players will want to get paid, like the Twins, either by their current owner or the highest bidder on the free agent market. Why is Carl so cheap? I don't really know the Twins history.

Windy

He is an old banker from way back. He could squeeze blood out of a nickel. He thinks he can take it with him. He earned it, so he is not going to give it away. How do you say "ULTRA CONSERVATIVE?" crazy

I'll be short and sweet; the real reason the Cubs are the disgrace they are,, and have been for 100 years,, is becasue fans put up with it and turn mud into gold day in ,day out.

You have to win it all,, to get gold. If your happy with 2 DIv titles in a row and the best record in the NL,, way to go.

NOt me, I like Champions. My team has 2 in the last 21 years,,

I know I sound like a broken record but.... Thank goodness for an owner like Carl Pohlad. I don't believe it's even humanly possible to run a Sports Franchise any better then the Pohlad's have run the Twins the last 10 years.

Wow Pier,

You seem to be in the minority, at least on this site. Everybody is always moaning about the Twins low payroll and if they had this or if they had that. I guess there has to be a happy medium from teams like the Yankees and Red Sox and the other end of the spectrum. I would hate to think one more bat in my line up may have made the difference in a playoff game.

Windy

Well to be a devils advocate here, what has money done for the Yankees??? It has been proven time and time again that money is not relative to a great team. I am very proud of the Twins going as far as they have using a great farm system. I bet if you asked any team out there if they would like to trade farm systems and scouts they would answer YES. I am with Pier, I don't think whining about spending money will do anything. If they put a quality team out there each year for less than anyone else, more power to them.

And Windy how far did the pickups that the WS aquired take you guys, I forgot. confused

How much profit do you think he makes from the Twins?? That's an honest question and not a smart a__ one either. I think the team is also managed very well and they keep me watching them every year, but most fence jumping fans can't stay interested forever with mediocrity.

Skitter,

You are not going to make me talk about the 26+ World Series Championships that the Yankees have won, are you? LOL I hate the Yankees and don't like the BoSox much better but money gets you players and 9 times out of 10 they seem to always be around the playoffs. Again, I hate the Yankees! It is great when a team like the Rays come out of nowhere and go from worst to first but those stories are far and few between. I hate the way baseball is going with free agency and big money but it seems like most teams are doing it.

Windy

Mud,

Thank you for enlightening us.

I think you just changed my mind.

No longer will the Cubs be my favorite team.

It will be WHOEVER is playing YOUR favorite team.

Please don't force me into being a WSox fan now. (eh Windy?)

CNYTim,

Gonna have to watch it at home - a little racy for work you know.

Nice video (NOT), but like the cubs, THAT WAS TERRIBLE. There is only 1 part of that video worth repeating.

G.C.