• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

had to take a swim!

i was fishing from shore this morning,throwing a weagle.It was flat calm and the leader snapped sending the bait about 40 yards.Oh yea this was about 7 in the morning when it was like 50 degrees out.Anyway,i swam out and got it,it was ridiculous.When people fall through the ice they say you have to control your breathing,i always thought it would be easy to but i was way wrong,for about a hour after that i still wasnt breathing normal.Just a little story i thought i would share.Fishing was great to

Was this after you had those hits/follows you mentioned earlier? Anyway, I think I would have just tied on another big top-water (perhaps adding some extra hooks as well) and tried to retrieve it that way. If you are a good caster, it should take you no more than a few tries. Anyway, at least you got your favorite lure back. Last time I casted and lost a lure, it was a Swimmin Joe... and I could see it slowly sinking. I couldn't troll up to it fast enough to get it...

Was the water warmer than the air? I'm very happy to hear you are fairing well. I know that feeling all to well. Now you are the wiser and you will be more prepared if something goes awry in the future. And you also have a amusing antidote to share.

Thanks for sharing brings back some of the silly things I have done. We learn from our experiences

I went into WBL last fall, I had a lure snagged on something and couldn't pull it up. Water was 51 degree's, I'd think really hard about doing that again. But I did get the pounder back, so I *think* it was worth it...

Good story Rat, I'd have done the same thing. I've been in the drink twice now, both times to get rods that jumped out of my hand, luckily it was warm both times. Last fall I threw my rod in the lake 3 casts in a row due to cold wet and slippery grips. Yeah, I'm an expert.

lol. i've done it. for me it's more about the ''lure'' than the price. i've let $20+ lures go but dove in for a $7.00 lure i just couldn't let go. if it's a confidence bait that produces it just can't be replaced, even if i can find ten just like it,IMHO. i sweat every time i put a discontinued lure on my line. i know i might be swimming at any momment. well, time to start my vacation and get ready to fish.

Dude, that's pretty fun. I agree with the first reply, you should have tied on a big ol topwater and snagged it...I know you've got it in ya...I've seen your pops put a small spinner bait in a coffee can at your backyards length....Hills Bros I believe...

almost took my own swim last night, didn't tie the boat up to the dock very well and she was about 20' off the end after i parked. couldn't decide whether to swim for it or not for while but i just couldn't do it.

hard to sit on the dock and watch your boat drifting aimlessly in the lake. luckily the wind was swirling around in the bay and i was able to snag it with a long branch off the end of someones dock after about an hour. good thing i remembered to put the plug in, otherwise i'd have really been screwed!

I had the same thing happen to me coming off the river, it was Late fall and I had to jump from the bow to make shore, I was half way back to my truck/trailer before I noticed the boat was drifting away from the launch. I went swimming in a hurry, Good thing I had a ladder in back.

It took days for my wallet to dry out.