• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is shrink wrapping worth it?

LEECH21

I store mine in a friends barn. I cover it, and use dryer sheets instead of moth balls. Just put them in all compartments and randomly on the floor. I go check on it monthly or so and add fresh sheets. I have not had any issues with rodents.

P.S. why are you thinking of storage now!@#$ Best time to be on the water is now till ice up! smile

I did the dryer sheets one year had great sucess and the next year they made nest ot of them I would throw moth balls and a good cover.

I store mine in a friends barn. I cover it, and use dryer sheets instead of moth balls. Just put them in all compartments and randomly on the floor. I go check on it monthly or so and add fresh sheets. I have not had any issues with rodents.

P.S. why are you thinking of storage now!@#$ Best time to be on the water is now till ice up! smile

hmm really? Dang man, now I am paranoid. Thats all I need. Damage due to mice! lol.

Moth balls here I come! wink Then again, the farm I store it at has 20 + cats......

I'll give it one more year of dryer sheets laugh

Boat cover and peppermint spray for my boats. Even spray the engine compartment. So far so good after 3 winters.

One nice thing about a boat cove. You can check on the interior periodically over the winter just in case the mice get past the odor defenses (drier sheets, moth balls, peppermint, etc). Tough to do with shrink wrapping.

I bought a $50 tarp and strapped it down. I keep mine in an unattached garage over winter. Even a cheap boat cover is like $200, and winter is the only time i cover my boat anyway.

I simply put the mouse poison on the ground by the tires so they die before they get into the boat.

They don't die instantly, or at least that quickly. IF they make if past the odor defenses, the boat is gonna probably be the mouses / meces oversized coffin.

The blocks that i use, i find them dead with their mouth still in the cookie jar grin

When out on commercial jobs if we see mouse trails or see them shimmying along edging, we put these little blocks out and usually you find the mouse kissing the block the next week. They croak while having their last supper.

Man you would think something like that would be bad for pets around the place as well.

Yes, of course you have to be responsible with them. Most times these are out on commercial properties and we wedge them into a crevis or make sure it is under the lip of a larger boulder or something so it isn't accesible.

For the home, my dogs dont go into the detached garage and we have no kids so no worries there.