• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Humminbird Flashers

NAMASafetyDirector

Anyone seen these on the shelf yet? I see they are available on ?-bay now. Can't wait to find out if this is the next best thing or what. They sure look like they have some nice features but holy cow! not sure if I'm ready to pop $500+ bucks for the top of the line model! Anyone heard anything or talk to anyone who has seen one work, demo or in the field??

I got a first hand demo from our rep not long ago and I have to say they look awesome. You can set up the color scheme so it's looks like the vex, marcum, or you can use their color scheme. Very easy to operate and some interesting options. It should be a great addition to the flashers that are out there already. Now the only question is will they have any malfunctions. If not, they should sell as well as Marcum and Vexilar as long as people aren't stuck on one brand. Power wise they are similar to Marcum. 10 levels of IR. If you buy one take the foam floater off the safety line and put it on the line to the transducer and save the clip off safety line. Throw safety line away. Safety line has the foam floater on it due to a patent vex has. Just switch it over. You'll see when you check them out. I currently have a Marcum Lx3tc and if I was in the market for a new flasher the "H" would probably be it.

Got a hold of a sample recently, and took it outside to check the visibility of the screen in sunshine. Wasn't very easy to see the the signals--pretty washed out. Stood off to the sides and could barely make out the screen at all. We'll see . . .

Nice looking cosmetically, but not real impressed with the daylight visibility.

With all the work they put into the other bell's and wistles you would think they would have done the sunshine/side to side viewing test. I'll volunteer to be a field tester if they they want someone to figure these kind of issues before releasing to the public.

They have these in stock at Joe's (saw them this morning). It was in the box still so I did not see the actual unit. One thing I did notice is that it seems a lot heavier then a vex/Marcum. Didn't list the weight so no positive.

Originally Posted By: NCLaker
They have these in stock at Joe's (saw them this morning).
Thanks for the heads up. I may have to get over there and check them out.

While you are their you may want to checkout the new Shimano Curado E. They gotta be one of the first one's in the city that have em. Only have the E5 in. The kicker is that they have all their open water fishing reels, rods, lures at 20% off ... that includes the new Curado.

I got to play with these at Joe's. They actually seem pretty slick. If they prove to work well, reliable & don't drain batteries too quickly, they should compete pretty well with Vex & Marcum.

The Zoom on Vex & Marcum's use a split screen approach (zoom on the left side - full water column on the right. Humminbird took a different approach. They display full screen, When the bait/fish enter the zoom window it is magnified as part of the full water column display (not sure if my description makes sense).

Joe's has it on sale if someone is looking to same some money.

Was also looking at them @ gander mountain in Fargo,ND they seem pretty nice in my opinion. I dont know if the guy was full of b.s. but the fishing manager at scheels told me that humminbird but out marcum just an f.y.i. i tried to see if he could get me a lx5 ice unit in and he said he couldnt. I believe if i will be buying the new "h" over the vex.

As far as the visibility being poor in the sun did you have it in the bag or out in the open? Guess i never really thought about it not having a sunshade when i was looking at it.