• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What stores carry Leech Lake Knives

BigWadeS

Question

21 answers to this question

GANDER MOUNTAIN!

I know some people swear by them but Personally I don't like them and think they are dangerous.

I would suggest using great caution and a fillet glove to avoid serious injury which I have seen first hand on more then one occasion.

I worked in the knife industry at one time. The truth is that a sharp knife is safer than a dull one. Less effort is required, both in the cutting and holding/gripping what you are cutting. This is where most knife-related accidents occur...

-Gregg B.

Yes they are very sharp and if you don't pay attention the back side can get you!

Most people that have them love them they are the coolest looking knife a little spendy but to each is own.

I use a plain Jane Rapala and the Electric Rapala Fillet knives.

thanks guys I am gonna have to make a trip to Reeds hopefully soon, if not on my way to the deer camp, I have always used the lower end rapala ones and have been happy with those, but I used a leech lake knife this summer and was very impressed, mostly the handle and the edge that knife holds, as far as safety, I would by much more concerned with a dull knife as opposed to a very sharp knife...

Have you seen the design, they have a sharpend tip that goes onto the normally dull backside of the point, that is the dangerous part. I sliced my finger open pretty good on it, but once you are used to it being there it wouldn't be a problem.

I cut myself one time soon after I got mine in 2001. I did it when starting to take the skin off a fillet.They do provide a bandaid with each knife. grin It still is the knife I reach for first to fillet fish. It also carves a mean turkey.