Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
BigWadeS

What stores carry Leech Lake Knives

Hey folks, anyone know of any stores in the metro where a guy can look and handle a leech lake knife without blindly ordering one from their site or from a store up north?

I bought mine at the greater northwest sports show about 10 years ago and it is the only knife I will fillet with but as far as a real store the only one that might have one is Reeds.

GANDER MOUNTAIN!

I know some people swear by them but Personally I don't like them and think they are dangerous.

I would suggest using great caution and a fillet glove to avoid serious injury which I have seen first hand on more then one occasion.

I worked in the knife industry at one time. The truth is that a sharp knife is safer than a dull one. Less effort is required, both in the cutting and holding/gripping what you are cutting. This is where most knife-related accidents occur...

-Gregg B.

Yes they are very sharp and if you don't pay attention the back side can get you!

Most people that have them love them they are the coolest looking knife a little spendy but to each is own.

I use a plain Jane Rapala and the Electric Rapala Fillet knives.

Can you get a leech lake knife with a stiff blade?

Fishmeister gave me a Leech Lake knife that has a a fairly stiff blade and I do like it better than the more flexible one he has.

thanks guys I am gonna have to make a trip to Reeds hopefully soon, if not on my way to the deer camp, I have always used the lower end rapala ones and have been happy with those, but I used a leech lake knife this summer and was very impressed, mostly the handle and the edge that knife holds, as far as safety, I would by much more concerned with a dull knife as opposed to a very sharp knife...

Have you seen the design, they have a sharpend tip that goes onto the normally dull backside of the point, that is the dangerous part. I sliced my finger open pretty good on it, but once you are used to it being there it wouldn't be a problem.

I cut myself one time soon after I got mine in 2001. I did it when starting to take the skin off a fillet.They do provide a bandaid with each knife. grin It still is the knife I reach for first to fillet fish. It also carves a mean turkey.