• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Plans

cjac

Anyone with fun things lined up for the weekend where we should expect a report from?

I was going to go this afternoon, but the near-huricane winds and impending weather this evening (if they're right), made me reconsider. With 2 days of fronts, I'm not sure what this will do to fishing, I think I'm sticking Metro and will go muskie or bass. Bassin' has been very good lately......

Weather permitting I'll be on FL tomorrow even though I have more confidence on other metro lakes right now. I fished it for the first time in years last week and it was a lot of fun to be on "new" water.

Right with you there Cjac. Looking out the window right now watching the trees in my yard bend at a 45 degree angle......hopefully the wind will die down and make fishing a little bit easier. Muskies have been slow all over. Got an email from Dick Pearson and he says the fishing on LOTW has been very slow, but a couple of big fish were caught yesterday. If possible, I will be out on Miltona again on Saturday, possibly Alexander on Sunday. Not looking for much action with the weather being the way that it has been lately. However, Only working Mon/Tuesday next week, and then it is 5 days of solid muskie fishing. Full moon on Friday, so fishing should be good, if we can get some stable weather patterns. crazy

how about this weekend? I have tried to fish for muskies for a few years now and have only managed to boat one. My buddy and I were thinking of going to bald eagle, but I have never caught a single one out there, seeing if anyone is going and willing to give some pointers. Thanks

With how much pressure there has been out there this year I'd wear a hard hat so you don't get hurt by falling lures. Stick with high contrast colors - as for spots or patterns I haven't been there much in the past couple weeks so I don't know what the warming temps have done.

I'm going to fish the third shift on WB tomorrow night - I don't have the ambition to fight heat or crowds on Saturday.

Historically I've caught more fish on WTD topwaters - that said I haven't even gotten a blow up on them this year. A Sledge has been best this year in open water adjacent to weedlines.

I'm going metro muskies somewhere tomorrow, location pending on partner availibility and the bosses departure time from work! Might end up West side, either pure-strain pending on launch parking or tigers.

Sat & Sun has me visiting the family cabin, chasing brown and green bass. My nephew had a mixed bag of nice fish, both species last weekend, in the 16-18 inch range. Pretty sweet area, and likely no one else has hit it. Not easy to access, but the return is high!

Me and dad heading up to Lake Vermillion. Hoping it's not as windy as last weekend! Hopefully it will be pretty good, but from the sounds of it, the bite ain't going the strongest. We'll give her a shot atleast!

You had to ask....

Rescheduled cause of forecasted strong storms, damaging winds, and hail. Well it ended up being gorgeous and he called tonight saying his buddy went to the weed bed he was gonna bring me and pulled a 52.5 and 56! Gotta love it.

Although luck did turn my way tonight. I just went out around home and pulled a 49. Put a pic up in photo thread.