• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota Co-Pilot question

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Question

Does the speed button have many clicks? In other words, when you increase the speed by one click is it the same as going 1 more number on the foot pedal? Most times when I adjust the speed on the foot pedal I go just a hair more, or less.

I hate my car stereo volume knob because it is the type that has clicks instead of continuous smooth action. Many times the volume I want is in between 2 clicks.

I don't want to buy the Co-pilot and find out it acts the same way.

18 answers to this question

Quote:
Does the speed button have many clicks? In other words, when you increase the speed by one click is it the same as going 1 more number on the foot pedal? Most times when I adjust the speed on the foot pedal I go just a hair more, or less.

Each time you push the + or - it is the same as one speed on the pedal. It only has ten speeds. So you can't do it like going in between numbers, it's each number at a time.

That being said, it is a great tool on the boat. I rarely if ever use my pedal.

I had one on my last boat and used it all the time. Once in a great while you might get caught trying to get a speed between clicks. You can play around with your big motor a bit to help with that. I would be willing to bet that if you get one you will find yourself wondering how you ever got along without it. Especially if you do a lot of trolling.

I got one for Father's Day, and last weekend got to use it for the first time with a weekend trip to the Park Rapids area.

I fell in love with it.

I do alot of casting, as well as have a 6 year old, wife and father in the boat that I run bait for.

It was so nice to have the control on my rod, in my hand the whole time, rather than always hustling back to the front of the boat to step on the pedal.

Mine was an add-on that I put on a 55# AP Minn-Kota.

For what it's worth, my 6 year old caught an 8.25 lb walleye while I was running with it.

Now can anybody find an extra remote for under $60 bucks.

I find that price to be a little rediculous. I looked one day and they didn't have the actual autopilot- copilot remote in stock but had one for another model and they wanted $60 for it.

My god, it is the size of a half dollar with the same technology as garage door openers. Lets bring that price down a little.

Now can anybody find an extra remote for under $60 bucks.

I find that price to be a little rediculous. I looked one day and they didn't have the actual autopilot- copilot remote in stock but had one for another model and they wanted $60 for it.

My god, it is the size of a half dollar with the same technology as garage door openers. Lets bring that price down a little.

Got one off of Craig's list for $25. Had to buy a battery for $3 so still under thirty. I suppose the charge the $60 for the same reason the pedals are $70. They go out and they know you need them.

i've had the co-pilot with the autopilot now for 1/2 a season. it is safe to say that i will probably never fish without the 2. the speeds are 1-10 and no half speeds. but increasing the speed 1 notch at a time barely increases the speed of the boat. i havent found a use for needing a 1/2 a notch faster speed when fishing

I have a co-pilot and absolutely love it. I just need to design something that will keep it attached to the palm of my hand. Right now, I wear it on a lanyard.

That being said - I definitely will have auto pilot and universal sonar on my next bow mount, along with a co-pilot. Getting the cords out of the way - and being hands free for awhile when fishing straight lines would be a great bonus.

I have a co-pilot and absolutely love it. I just need to design something that will keep it attached to the palm of my hand. Right now, I wear it on a lanyard.

Last week I put my keyfob on a lanyard. I have a rod holder right next to the console of my boat. I attached the lanyard to that. It works great. No more losing the fob, if you get a fish you can just drop it and it's right there when you need it again. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

How come you just don't have the little holders mounted to the rods that you use, then just move the FOB back and forth?

On my rods I've got the holder mounted so it's all reachable with the thumb, depending on the rod setup.