• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T - 11 days and counting!!!

smalliestalker

Who else can't wait for the 24th. I'm freaking out man. I'm serious! It could be detrimental to my health. A deficiency of lipripping is at critical levels in my body! Ya know what I mean?

I CAN'T WAIT!!!I CAN'T WAIT!!!I CAN'T WAIT!!!

So what's up? Who else can't wait?

Joe

I would say that this is the most difficult time of the year...you can fish for everything except bass and musky..the two fish I would say that are the most sporting with most of the fish caught being released by fishermen... come on 24th...

I figure this would get you guys pump’in.

My boy Dylon got this Smallie while sucker fishing on Sunday:

VSkT06wvP-eHE949zyTzPsgy1QslDOVa0300.jpg

It was caught and released! I do not know what happened to cause the injury, but it is back in the water for you guys. For us, first smallie to be caught in this area ever by us sucker fish'in in the last 5 years.

It was caught on a river rig and crawler.

Check out the Carp/Real Game forum for more details!

I know the feeling, though haven't felt it this year(living in WI it opens earlier of course).

Found the bass here in shallow weedbeds near deeper water last weekend. Fished swimbaits on the edges and soft plastic jerkbaits in and over the emerging weeds. They were definitley aggresive, though were missing the bait quite a bit. Managed a few nice 16"+ largemouths and some pike. Didn't seem to be setting up beds, but they were shallow.

definately excited to fish MN lakes on the 24th! I get to get out of the land where rapala is pronounced rapauwla for a bit (Wisconsin)

Lunker- looks like your a student at Point too, I'm a sophomore taking fisheries. Recently I've found about the same sort of thing going as you with the largemouth, been using mostly super flukes and working them real slow in bays around laydowns and done descent. Smallies as far as numbers I've found mostly along the slow seams of current yet. I have a few pics in another post down a few

i am pumped! goin to leech lake my first time fishin in MN. Its gonna be a blast pike and eye fishin up there!

Uhh... You can do that now. Still sounds pretty friggin sweet. Me like big pike!