• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Backyard buddies (8 pics)

Hey all:

It was such a nice day finally that I spent an hour in the back yard. Just plopped down on the ground near the feeder and waited for the birds to come back.

And they did.

All with the Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, monopod, iso400, various shutter speeds at f5.6

Exactly where you'd expect to find an American tree sparrow, in an American tree

2471455909_10002bd96d_o.jpg

Pine siskin back for the summer

2472277476_63cc8af1c1_o.jpg

Eastern chipmunk chillin' in the warm

2472276830_ae9e45916b_o.jpg

Male rusty blackbird poised to dive

2472275964_49af862841_o.jpg

Dark-eyed junco, a study in earth tones

2472275054_80a5249cd8_o.jpg

Such a handsomely dressed chipping sparrow

2471452097_41f53a0d5a_o.jpg

White-throated sparrow on guard

2472273536_f790ff36c2_o.jpg

Fleas on a cowbird?

2471450587_2b26737414_o.jpg

Thanks, everybody.

Buzzy, I knew you'd like my bird-on-a-stick shot the best. It was the one perch I engineered today (stuck a long stick in the dirt 30 feet in front of the brush background). grin.gifgrin.gif

While sitting on my butt in the grass, I also had grackles, red-winged blackbirds, white-crowned sparrows and a savannah sparrow but couldn't get good images of those. We had a lone male common redpoll at the feeder this morning. I also heard but did not see evening grosbeaks and house finches. Spring is busting out all over.

Quote:
Buzzy, I knew you'd like my bird-on-a-stick shot the best. It was the one perch I engineered today (stuck a long stick in the dirt 30 feet in front of the brush background).

You can take that money to Vegas and double it. grin.gif

Now I want to see some with nice colored buds and flowering bushes in the near future young man. ;\)

Quote:

Now I want to see some with nice colored buds and flowering bushes in the near future young man. ;\)

Not really my thing, bubba. But I ended up with a few of those last year, so it could happen yet! grin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
 Quote:

Not really my thing, bubba. But I ended up with a few of those last year, so it could happen yet! grin.gifgrin.gif

Use the force, young Skywalker... \:D

You can do it....

;\)

All very nice, I like the chipmunk the best.

I need to start looking closer at sparrows, I didn't know there were so many types locally.

Thanks

DMN