• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bold eagle stole my pike

tomasz20

Trout fishing up in the Bdub one winter I saw that a eagle was circling within a quarter mile or so after I caught a white sucker.

Walked about 30 yds away and set it on the ice.

Buddy asked "What are you doing?"

"I'm just feeding a bird"

It was one of those dead still quiet days where you talk to yourself every once in a while to make sure you are not deaf.

I still remember the sound of the talons scratching the ice and the wingbeats as he cleared us by about 20ft after securing lunch.

Buddy says....."That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen and HEARD!"

Very cool.  There are bald eagles on one of our lakes here in the Black Hills that come flying around whenever they hear gas augers going.  I've seen them sit in a tree just waiting for a spare fish to be missed on the ice or they've landed on the ice within 50 feet of us and I've walked a trout out to them within 15 feet, put it on the ice, then they take off, fly very close around me, then grab it and go.  Very cool indeed.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:20 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

this is what happened to @Rick G 's crappie... LOL 

A crappie this winter...a walleye a few yrs back... Don't leave your fish on the ice when bald thieves are overhead

Edited by Rick G