Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

pikestabber

Viking's Free Agency, 2017

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

• Vikes to sign Reiff from Detroit. Solid move--there will likely be some sticker shock, but you have to (over)pay to playin FA. I like the move.
  • Still need OL help, a RB, perhaps a receiver, too. They made a play for Alshon Jeffery but he chose to go to Philly.
  • Kalil now in Carolina on a (if you can even believe it) 5 year/$55 million deal with $25 million guaranteed! Don't they have access to game film? My word...
  • Apparently Lacy is coming to town for a visit. Pass.
  • Locke is punting in Indy, Rhett Ellison to NY Gs, and apparently Jarius Wright was traded...somewhere
  • Wouldn't mind an offer for Murray from Oakland. Three down back.

Lots of pieces moving and we are just getting started! What do you folks want to see?

Edited by pikestabber

They let Patterson sign with the Raiders like the morons they are.

pikestabber likes this

I see more players leaving than more getting signed.... lots of free agent offensive linemen signing with other teams that the vikes could use. Not impressed with offseason so far. And no first round draft pick this year.

I would have liked to see Patterson stay. I thought he was under utilized and was always a threat to return a kick for a TD. Sure he had route running issues but its not like they have depth at WR.

Then you see stories like this: Ellisons dad blasts vikings

Now watch they will end up still over paying and keep Peterson. 

Murray is in town now....in typical Slick Rick fashion we will sign him to "get back" at the Raiders.

I think we did enough in FA and the draft to improve on O. Will we be a top ten O? No, nothing so drastic, but I think we move from near the bottom to closer to the middle, continue to get better on D, and that makes us a playoff threat. All of this, as always, hinges upon health, health, health, but I like our moves and the way we are fielding this team: Develop through the draft and use FA only as a way to find role players, not superstars.

Sounds like Cook is everything we hoped for upon first inspection. Obviously he needs to do it with pads on, but I think he was a great value in Rnd 2.