• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking's Free Agency, 2017

pikestabber

• Vikes to sign Reiff from Detroit. Solid move--there will likely be some sticker shock, but you have to (over)pay to playin FA. I like the move.
  • Still need OL help, a RB, perhaps a receiver, too. They made a play for Alshon Jeffery but he chose to go to Philly.
  • Kalil now in Carolina on a (if you can even believe it) 5 year/$55 million deal with $25 million guaranteed! Don't they have access to game film? My word...
  • Apparently Lacy is coming to town for a visit. Pass.
  • Locke is punting in Indy, Rhett Ellison to NY Gs, and apparently Jarius Wright was traded...somewhere
  • Wouldn't mind an offer for Murray from Oakland. Three down back.

Lots of pieces moving and we are just getting started! What do you folks want to see?

Edited by pikestabber

I see more players leaving than more getting signed.... lots of free agent offensive linemen signing with other teams that the vikes could use. Not impressed with offseason so far. And no first round draft pick this year.

I would have liked to see Patterson stay. I thought he was under utilized and was always a threat to return a kick for a TD. Sure he had route running issues but its not like they have depth at WR.

Then you see stories like this: Ellisons dad blasts vikings

Now watch they will end up still over paying and keep Peterson. 

I think we did enough in FA and the draft to improve on O. Will we be a top ten O? No, nothing so drastic, but I think we move from near the bottom to closer to the middle, continue to get better on D, and that makes us a playoff threat. All of this, as always, hinges upon health, health, health, but I like our moves and the way we are fielding this team: Develop through the draft and use FA only as a way to find role players, not superstars.

Sounds like Cook is everything we hoped for upon first inspection. Obviously he needs to do it with pads on, but I think he was a great value in Rnd 2.

Skol!  I'm excited to see how Cooks pans out.  He seems legit so far!  What was the deal with KFAN ditching the rubechat forums?  I know the political page could get a little overheated at times but the others seemed pretty tame.  Too bad! 

QB is the most important position on a team, therefore, unless you have an established Franchise QB and a solid back-up, a QB should be drafted every year, or a FA prospect signed that shows potential. Every year there should be a QB battle at camp.  We FAIL at QB.  Until that changes, we will never compete.  

Bradford looked okay at times, I'm excited to see how he plays this year, but we have NOTHING to fall back on if he gets hurt or sucks. Teddy will likely never play again....  Why, oh why did we not add another QB in the draft! Who's the other bum we signed.. Keenum? Are you serious Spielman?! 

Edited by BRULEDRIFTER

4 hours ago, BRULEDRIFTER said:

QB is the most important position on a team, therefore, unless you have an established Franchise QB and a solid back-up, a QB should be drafted every year, or a FA prospect signed that shows potential. Every year there should be a QB battle at camp.  We FAIL at QB.  Until that changes, we will never compete.  

Bradford looked okay at times, I'm excited to see how he plays this year, but we have NOTHING to fall back on if he gets hurt or sucks. Teddy will likely never play again....  Why, oh why did we not add another QB in the draft! Who's the other bum we signed.. Keenum? Are you serious Spielman?! 

While I agree we need to take more swings at QB, we do have a developmental QB on the roster in Taylor Heinicke, and by all accounts he's looked really good so far this summer. Had he not kicked through a pane of glass last year about this time we'd have seen more progression, but he's said to be quite a bit better than Keenum (which, granted, isn't saying much). Bradford has been great in camp, and I think he played outstanding last year considering how HORRIBLE our OL was. 20TDs to just 5 picks with no run game. Consider for a moment that Trent Dilfer won a SB with the Ravens while throwing 12 TDs to 11 picks in 11 games played... That's what a dominant defense can do, and we have one of those... We also have a QB that protects the ball and I think a great find in Cook at RB, and that is enough to make a run. The bottom line is if ANY starting QB goes down, that team is likely pooched that year in terms of their offense. Everything hinges on health in the NFL.

19 hours ago, pikestabber said:

While I agree we need to take more swings at QB, we do have a developmental QB on the roster in Taylor Heinicke, and by all accounts he's looked really good so far this summer...

And just like that Heinicke had his worst day as a pro yesterday and looked completely lost, apparently. Wonderful...