Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

rkhinrichs

Food truck info

16 posts in this topic

I'm coming down to the cities this weekend and wondering if anyone knows how to find  food trucks???  Like a good Twitter account i could follow??? A couple I found were not that great. Or how do you find a food truck in the cities besides stumbling on one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weekend can be tough as they tend to scatter around and some aren't active every weekend.  During the week they tend to congregate in areas with a lot of workers out looking for lunch options (down town areas).  On weekends some food trucks can be found at local events or festivals or outside some of the popular breweries and tap rooms.  Your best bet to finding them is to fire up the google machine and see if you can find a list of food trucks and then if you see one you are interested in see if  you can track its location down through twitter, facebook, or their page.  

 Also alot of the popular food trucks have started opening brick and mortar restaurants as well.  The Smack Shack and World Street Kitchen are two that have both truck and restaurant and both are very good.  Others I've had that were good are Cafe Racer (both Truck and restaurant) and Stanelys on Wheels (both truck and restaurant).

Is there a reason you are targeting food trucks specifically?  I've had good meals at several food trucks but I'm not sure if any of them were good enough that I'd track them down and go out of my way to find them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try MinnesotaFoodTruckAssociation on FaceBook.    Food trucks on the weekends tend to gather around events, where as during the week you would find them downtown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

roaminghunger.com  that is where you can follow the whereabouts of food trucks and carts.  Just pick your city ;)

BartmanMN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

The weekend can be tough as they tend to scatter around and some aren't active every weekend.  During the week they tend to congregate in areas with a lot of workers out looking for lunch options (down town areas).  On weekends some food trucks can be found at local events or festivals or outside some of the popular breweries and tap rooms.  Your best bet to finding them is to fire up the google machine and see if you can find a list of food trucks and then if you see one you are interested in see if  you can track its location down through twitter, facebook, or their page.  

 Also alot of the popular food trucks have started opening brick and mortar restaurants as well.  The Smack Shack and World Street Kitchen are two that have both truck and restaurant and both are very good.  Others I've had that were good are Cafe Racer (both Truck and restaurant) and Stanelys on Wheels (both truck and restaurant).

Is there a reason you are targeting food trucks specifically?  I've had good meals at several food trucks but I'm not sure if any of them were good enough that I'd track them down and go out of my way to find them.  

I been watching a show on Netflix called food truck wars. It's a pretty sweet show!  I live up north and there are not a lot of food trucks up here. Every time I go home to visit the parents, I try and visit a new place to eat!

Edited by rkhinrichs
BartmanMN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a decent list of 'em

MSP Mag Food Truck Guide

Cajun2Geaux - I've not had their food truck, but Bistro la Roux up in lexington is their brick and mortar and it's really, really, really good. Gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets... to name a few things they offer.

Hot Indian Foods - Another good one,I've had them most often at their global market location (brick n mortar) but have ordered from their food truck as well... Indurritos are really good.

Potter's Pasties - They are up at hammerheart brewery and the MN United games a lot... I frequent this one.  Absolutely delicious pasties (the dessert pasties are really good too).

Otherwise, not sure if you're into the beer scene at all... but most of the breweries around the cities will have a food truck on site as well, most breweries have a calendar with who will be on site and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Slabasaurus said:

Here's a decent list of 'em

MSP Mag Food Truck Guide

Cajun2Geaux - I've not had their food truck, but Bistro la Roux up in lexington is their brick and mortar and it's really, really, really good. Gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets... to name a few things they offer.

Hot Indian Foods - Another good one,I've had them most often at their global market location (brick n mortar) but have ordered from their food truck as well... Indurritos are really good.

Potter's Pasties - They are up at hammerheart brewery and the MN United games a lot... I frequent this one.  Absolutely delicious pasties (the dessert pasties are really good too).

Otherwise, not sure if you're into the beer scene at all... but most of the breweries around the cities will have a food truck on site as well, most breweries have a calendar with who will be on site and when.

Good call on the breweries.  Here are a couple that you could check out that will have a food truck. They aren't that far from each other.  612 has a great outdoor patio and music.  The food trucks scheduled are in the links.

http://www.612brew.com/index.php/taproom

http://www.indeedbrewing.com/taproom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rkhinrichs said:

I been watching a show on Netflix called food truck wars. It's a pretty sweet show!  I live up north and there are not a lot of food trucks up here. Every time I go home to visit the parents, I try and visit a new place to eat!

If you're ever here during the week, on Thursday's they line-up bumper-to-bumper on Marquette Avenue between about 9th Street and - heck I don't know, as far as the eye can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dangerous Man, Socialable Cider, and Bent Brewstillery. Are others that often have food trucks.

If you want good beer and good food all in one place and don't care if the food comes in a truck you can also check out Urban Growler in St. Paul.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to the Twins game on Sunday.... Don't know if that's a good thing or not???? But hope to find a truck, a brewery and live the city life! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulton Brewery is right next to target field and they should have a food truck there it doesn't say what truck though. Todays truck is Hibachi Daruma if you gave Fulton a call I bet they could tell you what will be there Sunday

 

Inbound Brewco is by target field as well the food truck this Sunday is going to be Wyn 65 Mobile Food Emporium

Modist Brewery is by there too and they should have a food truck as well give them a call to find out who.

those are the closest breweries with food trucks

A little further across the river you have 612 brew and sundays food truck from 230-730 is pharaohs gyros

 

 

 

Edited by ZachD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a jaunt up to NE minneapolis.  There's a number of Taprooms with GREAT beer and on the weekends you'll always find several food trucks parked outside of them.  The Tap rooms and food trucks have a symbionic relationship.  The brew-heads hit thier favorite taprooms and eat from whoever is parked outside, and the foodies have their favorite trucks they follow and they end up having a beer in whatever taproom their favorite truck is parked infront of.  It's pretty awesome how they work together and promote each other.  It's a great small business environment, too.  The trucks dont have to pay for a liquor liscence and carry liability, and the taprooms don't have to be certified to serve food and pay a kitchen staff.  Keeps overhead down for all and customers happy!

Some of the bigger breweries in NE Mpls are 612 Brew, Dangerous Man and Bauhuas, but there's many more.  ENJOY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ZachD said:

Fulton Brewery is right next to target field and they should have a food truck there it doesn't say what truck though. Todays truck is Hibachi Daruma if you gave Fulton a call I bet they could tell you what will be there Sunday

 

Inbound Brewco is by target field as well the food truck this Sunday is going to be Wyn 65 Mobile Food Emporium

Modist Brewery is by there too and they should have a food truck as well give them a call to find out who.

those are the closest breweries with food trucks

A little further across the river you have 612 brew and sundays food truck from 230-730 is pharaohs gyros

 

 

 

Fultons got some good brews too... It started in my grandpas old garage so we have tried a few of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had some cocktails at Fultons! And had potter's pasties! Coming from the Range, I eat a lot of pasties in the winter! Had a Reuben pasty!!! It was a 10 out of 10! image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by rkhinrichs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • Looks like the Wild moved Schroeder for....another Schroeder.  Maybe the new guy will be more consistent.   I see Evander Kane is on the trade market.  On the expensive side, but if the Wild decide to move Scandella instead of Dumba, that would free up more money.  A guy capable of scoring 30+ goals with some size would be sweet.     I am thinking Granlund and Nino each sign for in between 4-5$ mil each.  Hopefully less and hopefully Pominville will restructure a little.  Doesn't leave a ton of cap space for free agents or other guys.     Lots of moving parts in Chicago.  They seem to be moving a lot of parts around to try to work with their cap situation.  
    • I think you, or the person at Ace, meant "Sheet metal". That's what they're used for....sheet metal and HVAC work. They have a self-tapping thread. Look on your furnace where the sheet-metal ducting is fastened...bingo!   Also called "sheet metal screws".  Hope they work for ya!  
    • Reminds me of a memorable morning at our place when  THREE male's landed on a front picture window ledge and just sat there for a few minutes looking in.  What a glorious sight!  They were likely just moving through because we do not see them during a normal summer. In fact this summer we have noticed a decline in many species; no bluebirds at all, only a couple doves, fewer swallows, not as many wrens (but still plenty of them) and for the first time a pair of cowbirds. Normal mornings are like a symphony around here just about daybreak.
    • forgot I made this post, I fished a lake here in SD last weekend that has a sunken road way and bridge completely submerged. Its gotten to the point the concrete has fallen apart under water but you can still see most of the structure in tact but also some rebar etc.   I wanted to get a screen capture but as usual that exact spot was popular and already occupied with other boats playing bumper boats to anchor and fish near and I didn't want to intrude on their fishing space just for a picture. 
    • Good post and discussion. I'm convinced not more than 10%, and that might be stretching it and I include myself in the 90%, know how to use their equipment. Every fishing site is loaded with similar posts.
    • I looked everywhere for the screws in the first post and nobody knew what I was talking about till I went to Ace, where I should have gone first. They are actually considered a sheetrock screw! I can't see any use for them with sheetrock but I was told it was because of the coating on them. I have a beat up old trailer house at hunting camp and they are perfect for putting warped metal siding back together and super sharp like a self piercing screw. Sometimes they are called gutter screws too. The hex ones do work great for boots and four wheeler tires.  
    • I liked Lavine too, but coming off ACL surgery you get the feeling that he will lose some of that explosiveness that made him fun to watch.
    • And remember, turkey is not pork and doesn't benefit from high internal temperatures.   It dries out if overcooked.  160 is plenty, maybe even a little less. 
    • Also, turkey doesn't need to be "low and slow" to get to be tender. Crank the heat to 250+ if you like. I've had the smaller breasts done in just 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. FWIW, I just rub it down with olive oil and apply your favorite rub.  If injecting at all, Creole Butter is a nice, quick, easy option. Apple mixed with cherry or hickory are my favorite woods to use.    
  • Our Sponsors