• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Food truck info

I'm coming down to the cities this weekend and wondering if anyone knows how to find  food trucks???  Like a good Twitter account i could follow??? A couple I found were not that great. Or how do you find a food truck in the cities besides stumbling on one?

The weekend can be tough as they tend to scatter around and some aren't active every weekend.  During the week they tend to congregate in areas with a lot of workers out looking for lunch options (down town areas).  On weekends some food trucks can be found at local events or festivals or outside some of the popular breweries and tap rooms.  Your best bet to finding them is to fire up the google machine and see if you can find a list of food trucks and then if you see one you are interested in see if  you can track its location down through twitter, facebook, or their page.  

Also alot of the popular food trucks have started opening brick and mortar restaurants as well.  The Smack Shack and World Street Kitchen are two that have both truck and restaurant and both are very good.  Others I've had that were good are Cafe Racer (both Truck and restaurant) and Stanelys on Wheels (both truck and restaurant).

Is there a reason you are targeting food trucks specifically?  I've had good meals at several food trucks but I'm not sure if any of them were good enough that I'd track them down and go out of my way to find them.  

1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

The weekend can be tough as they tend to scatter around and some aren't active every weekend.  During the week they tend to congregate in areas with a lot of workers out looking for lunch options (down town areas).  On weekends some food trucks can be found at local events or festivals or outside some of the popular breweries and tap rooms.  Your best bet to finding them is to fire up the google machine and see if you can find a list of food trucks and then if you see one you are interested in see if  you can track its location down through twitter, facebook, or their page.  

Also alot of the popular food trucks have started opening brick and mortar restaurants as well.  The Smack Shack and World Street Kitchen are two that have both truck and restaurant and both are very good.  Others I've had that were good are Cafe Racer (both Truck and restaurant) and Stanelys on Wheels (both truck and restaurant).

Is there a reason you are targeting food trucks specifically?  I've had good meals at several food trucks but I'm not sure if any of them were good enough that I'd track them down and go out of my way to find them.  

I been watching a show on Netflix called food truck wars. It's a pretty sweet show!  I live up north and there are not a lot of food trucks up here. Every time I go home to visit the parents, I try and visit a new place to eat!

Edited by rkhinrichs

Here's a decent list of 'em

MSP Mag Food Truck Guide

Cajun2Geaux - I've not had their food truck, but Bistro la Roux up in lexington is their brick and mortar and it's really, really, really good. Gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets... to name a few things they offer.

Hot Indian Foods - Another good one,I've had them most often at their global market location (brick n mortar) but have ordered from their food truck as well... Indurritos are really good.

Potter's Pasties - They are up at hammerheart brewery and the MN United games a lot... I frequent this one.  Absolutely delicious pasties (the dessert pasties are really good too).

Otherwise, not sure if you're into the beer scene at all... but most of the breweries around the cities will have a food truck on site as well, most breweries have a calendar with who will be on site and when.

33 minutes ago, Slabasaurus said:

Here's a decent list of 'em

MSP Mag Food Truck Guide

Cajun2Geaux - I've not had their food truck, but Bistro la Roux up in lexington is their brick and mortar and it's really, really, really good. Gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets... to name a few things they offer.

Hot Indian Foods - Another good one,I've had them most often at their global market location (brick n mortar) but have ordered from their food truck as well... Indurritos are really good.

Potter's Pasties - They are up at hammerheart brewery and the MN United games a lot... I frequent this one.  Absolutely delicious pasties (the dessert pasties are really good too).

Otherwise, not sure if you're into the beer scene at all... but most of the breweries around the cities will have a food truck on site as well, most breweries have a calendar with who will be on site and when.

Good call on the breweries.  Here are a couple that you could check out that will have a food truck. They aren't that far from each other.  612 has a great outdoor patio and music.  The food trucks scheduled are in the links.

http://www.612brew.com/index.php/taproom

http://www.indeedbrewing.com/taproom

1 hour ago, rkhinrichs said:

I been watching a show on Netflix called food truck wars. It's a pretty sweet show!  I live up north and there are not a lot of food trucks up here. Every time I go home to visit the parents, I try and visit a new place to eat!

If you're ever here during the week, on Thursday's they line-up bumper-to-bumper on Marquette Avenue between about 9th Street and - heck I don't know, as far as the eye can see.

Fulton Brewery is right next to target field and they should have a food truck there it doesn't say what truck though. Todays truck is Hibachi Daruma if you gave Fulton a call I bet they could tell you what will be there Sunday

Inbound Brewco is by target field as well the food truck this Sunday is going to be Wyn 65 Mobile Food Emporium

Modist Brewery is by there too and they should have a food truck as well give them a call to find out who.

those are the closest breweries with food trucks

A little further across the river you have 612 brew and sundays food truck from 230-730 is pharaohs gyros

Edited by ZachD

Take a jaunt up to NE minneapolis.  There's a number of Taprooms with GREAT beer and on the weekends you'll always find several food trucks parked outside of them.  The Tap rooms and food trucks have a symbionic relationship.  The brew-heads hit thier favorite taprooms and eat from whoever is parked outside, and the foodies have their favorite trucks they follow and they end up having a beer in whatever taproom their favorite truck is parked infront of.  It's pretty awesome how they work together and promote each other.  It's a great small business environment, too.  The trucks dont have to pay for a liquor liscence and carry liability, and the taprooms don't have to be certified to serve food and pay a kitchen staff.  Keeps overhead down for all and customers happy!

Some of the bigger breweries in NE Mpls are 612 Brew, Dangerous Man and Bauhuas, but there's many more.  ENJOY!

18 hours ago, ZachD said:

Fulton Brewery is right next to target field and they should have a food truck there it doesn't say what truck though. Todays truck is Hibachi Daruma if you gave Fulton a call I bet they could tell you what will be there Sunday

Inbound Brewco is by target field as well the food truck this Sunday is going to be Wyn 65 Mobile Food Emporium

Modist Brewery is by there too and they should have a food truck as well give them a call to find out who.

those are the closest breweries with food trucks

A little further across the river you have 612 brew and sundays food truck from 230-730 is pharaohs gyros

Fultons got some good brews too... It started in my grandpas old garage so we have tried a few of them!

We had some cocktails at Fultons! And had potter's pasties! Coming from the Range, I eat a lot of pasties in the winter! Had a Reuben pasty!!! It was a 10 out of 10! image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by rkhinrichs