• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nfl Draft, Trades, and Free Agency

reinhard1

6 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

From what I've been reading Treadwell is the most polished route runner in the draft.  He doesn't have the speed some of the other guys have but he's supposed to be a more polished receiver. 

That's what I have been reading as well. 

And Treadwell is only 20 years old so he has time to grow into his body and hopefully take some time to learn from his coaches unlike Cordarelle.  Doctson is 23 years old so that is a plus for Treadwell.

I'm not so sure about it, think we did grab the right guy and all, what he can bring but do we have the QB that can get it to him as he'll be covered by teams # 1 corner ? The speed thing I'm not worried about that is not how we'd win with the roster we have anyway. We had Mike Wallace and lol Troy Williamson for speed but we can't be a team that scores on 2 minute drives giving the ball back to Aaron Rodgers that quickly, a shoot out we're not winning so this guy is the right guy and speaking of "filling out" I sure hope Teddy does sooner then later. It's on Teddy, this has to be a solid step forward year for Theodore.

If you watched his catches from last year, some have been unreal.  Open, in crowds, alone he does it all.  Sure we will have to wait and see just like other teams with their picks but he does have good character and that's a huge plus.  good luck.

Funny how all last year when I would mention that Theodore con't throw a deep pass everyone here told me I was wrong and blamed it all on the 0-line. Now that the Vikings draft a slow wide receiver everyone is saying it's OK and fits in Teddy's game because he can't throw deep anyway. LOL!

Teddy hasn't been a great deep ball passer yet in his career. Perhaps he will get better, maybe he won't. Regardless, there isn't a ton of separation between the QBs with longest yards/attempt and the least. What's important is to keep the chains moving, and you rarely have to throw a deep ball to do that. We needed an upgrade a WR and OL, and hopefully through the draft and free agency we've accomplished that. While rookie WRs usually don't make a huge impact, it's year 3 for Teddy and he's working with what should be a better O-Line and WRs he should be comfortable with. Barring injury, it should definitely be a year where we'll know for certain if we have our QB of the future or if it's back to the drawing board.

7 minutes ago, Getanet said:

. What's important is to keep the chains moving, and you rarely have to throw a deep ball to do that. 

I disagree. In the NFL the defenses are too good to let them key in on one section of the field. It is imperative that an NFL QB be able to throw a deep ball in order to keep the defense honest and allow your short passing game and running game to work. If your opponent's safeties know they don't have to worry about your QB throwing deep, everything else is going to be that much tougher.  

I don't think safeties can totally ignore the threat of a deep ball from Teddy. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the league, but it's not like he tops out at 15-yards. Being able to complete deep passes also requires time for the play to develop, something that should improve this year with some upgrades to the O line.

I'm not Teddy's agent, it was a joke he played in the Pro-Bowl last year, even if it was far down the line of injury replacements. But he has shown flashes of being able to be a very good QB, at other times he's been simply a steady QB, and other games he's stunk. If he can eliminate the clunkers - through more experience and a better supporting cast, our offense can be very good for the foreseeable future.

I agree Getanet.  And I also don't think a tenth of a second or two makes much difference in a WR.  There are other qualities that can make up for that.  Hopefully Teddy and Treadwell can connect and with Diggs and the others I think our passing game will be much better this year.  

8 hours ago, LindellProStaf said:

And I also don't think a tenth of a second or two makes much difference in a WR. 

I don't think Treadwell is all that slow. He might have been hurt when he ran that, because his college recruitment profile shows he ran a 4.40 in high school. Even adding in the tenth of a second for hand timing, it puts him at the same speed as most other large bodied receivers.

On 5/3/2016 at 2:53 PM, Big Dave2 said:

Yes, if you don't like the subject matter and it hits too close to home, just change the subject.

I don't mind the subject matter at all. I really do enjoy the good humor you post around the football forum. 

Sorry to break it to you, the QB that can throw the ball the farthest or the WR that can run the fastest straight line speed doesn't make them the best football players. 

27 minutes ago, FISHINGURU said:

Sorry to break it to you, the QB that can throw the ball the farthest or the WR that can run the fastest straight line speed doesn't make them the best football players. 

Who said it did?