Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
randerson

Amsoil 1 year oil change?

Is anyone running the amsoil 25000 mile oil my question is are you changing out the filter I can't believe I could run one filter that long also where's the best place to get some 5w20

I have a couple of buddies that i work with that have been running this and they love it. I have been thinking of switching my car to amsoil. Sound like it's a good product.

I go 1 yr or 15K miles on the Amsoil 25K oil and filter, whichever comes first. Key is to make sure you check your oil level often to make sure you aren't running that many miles and low.

I go 1 yr or 15K miles on the Amsoil 25K oil and filter, whichever comes first. Key is to make sure you check your oil level often to make sure you aren't running that many miles and low.

wink

If your not a "checker" than extended service is not for you!

wink

If your not a "checker" than extended service is not for you!

Exactly, even if your vehicle doesn't leak oil it will use some over that time period anyway.

I ran that in my '07 Impala since new. 15k mile changes, while changing the filter at 7,500. I had a filter(amsoil brand) clog once at 5k miles that threw some systems out of whack (cylindar deactivation), got it all cleared back out at the dealership and at 160k miles the motor went. Excessive wear on the rods and some bearings, and dropped a valve.

I run Napa synthetic now with a gold filter and change every 5k miles.

Many Europeans generally do an annual oil change in their autos. That might vary for those who drive high miles ...

I do an annual oil/filter change in all my vehicles and use synthetic in all. Never had an issue and all vehicles are over 10-years old, one approaching 20. Annual mileage is well under 7500 in each.

The 3,000 oil change is largely driven by quick-change lube stores who are willing and eager to sell you anything they possibly can. I can't stand those guys ...

I run Mobil 1 and change it every 7,000 miles. I would not dream of not changing my mortor oil or filter for 1 year.

Oil and a clean filter is the best pretection for any motor.

I ran that in my '07 Impala since new. 15k mile changes, while changing the filter at 7,500. I had a filter(amsoil brand) clog once at 5k miles that threw some systems out of whack (cylindar deactivation), got it all cleared back out at the dealership and at 160k miles the motor went. Excessive wear on the rods and some bearings, and dropped a valve.

I run Napa synthetic now with a gold filter and change every 5k miles.

I think it's quite a stretch, putting it mildly, to try to link these two situations.

220K+ on my 1994 truck, oil changes up to 25K miles on Ams but that was less than one year in the active days. Uses no oil so to speak, runs as smooth and as quiet as any and better than most of the same vintage and miles from what I've seen. I used standard filters changed at the recommended light duty service interval.

Two vehicles I don't drive much any more get changed once per year, miles are typically less than 3K per year on these. My motorcycles are also once per year at ~5K miles.

If you're considering the extended drains just be sure you understand the oil and filter recommendations of the oil mfg. for doing so because the OEM does not recognize extended drains unless it says so in the maintenance schedule.

I'm sure there wasn't a link between the two. As my mechanic said while he shrugged "you have bad luck".

Just bringing up the point that you can do everything right from the start and still end up on the bad end of things.

I run Amsoil in all three two vehicles and in my personal vehicles. For the diesel tow vehicles go 15-20K miles between oil and filter changes. When they ran on regular Rotella would swap the oil every 10K miles.

That Amsoil is some good stuff...

AMSOIL Signature Series oils are rated 1 year / 25,000 miles whichever comes first for "normal" driving, 1 year / 15,000 miles whichever comes first for "severe" driving.

The AMSOIL filters vary: some part numbers are 15,000 miles max, some are 25,000 miles max. If you use other filters, change the filter at your regular interval and top it off.

Sorry theoilman I wouldnt trust a filter for 25000 miles on anything. Dont matter how much it cost. If you run 25000 miles that fine change the filter every 7500 and top off and continue to check the oil. Oil/Filters are cheap. Engines are not.