Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
muskiemanAD

Mickey Mouse Boots

I was thinking of getting a pair for ice fishing only. I know they are not good for walking and what not. But want a pair off boots that are warm when I am tip up fishing and standing on ice. Any thoughts on good or bad for ice fishing?

I had a pair of the old rubber white ones and loved them. Warm and waterproof. Perfect for ice fishing. I could not find a pair when I needed new ones so I got something else but I will get another pair next time.

Great for ice fishing. Check E Bay for the best deals. Make sure you get ones with BETA soles. I really like these because you don't have to worry about getting the insulation wet. All the insulation is sealed inside the rubber and they are 100% waterproof. Great for kicking away slush/snow from the ice holes.

most FF have them but they are used, i would reccomend gong there to check out the boot, and try on sizes, and then order them online from a military surplus because they are new, FF only sells used i think. Also you will be wanting to either wear long jons or long socks (go up near your calf) becuase the top of the boot is solid rubber, and will pull on your leg hairs and it hurts. I have been useing the same pair for about 6 years and just finally got a hole in them. warmest boots i have ever owned for ice fishing. they get wet on the inside from your feet sweating, but they stay warm, as they are designed for this exact purpose, just make sure ypu put them infront of the vent or on the boot dryer at night... like i said, best ice fishing boots i have owned hands down.

Also you will be wanting to either wear long jons or long socks (go up near your calf) becuase the top of the boot is solid rubber, and will pull on your leg hairs and it hurts.

I pull my socks up and then fold them down over the top of the boot. This keeps your socks from being sucked down into the boot. That way your leg hair is safe. smile

Great boots for sure. I've had the same pair of the mickey mouse boots for over 20 years, and just last month ordered/recieved a new pair from sportsman guide. This time I went with the white bunny boots. They are the real deal with the beta mark, and are new in box and not used military surplus. If I rememeber right, they had them for around $60-$70 dollars, but may be back ordered some. I use mine for hunting, fishing and they take some abuse for sure. I like best that I can stand in a river all day long and as long as the water isn't higher than the boot, your feet cannot/will not ever get wet. your feet tend to sweat in them, so a moisture wick sock helps greatly. taz

I have a pair of white beta bunny's I'd trade for a case of suds. Size 9m. I wear a 10 boot. I live by Waconia MN.

Jesse

I love mine. I did by them new/not used from Fleet Farm. If I recall they do size different than your regular shoe size.

A great boot for ice fishing.

Got a new pair at FF in BP today. On sale for 45 bucks and I bought a pair of liners for more comfort. A little heavy but waterproof and warm...

Had mine since 2001 black ones never had cold feet and love them. 2 years ago steped in darn 10 " hole that was slushed over and I just emptied the water out took off my sock and fished all day. That happened at 730 am.

I use them and they work great for me. Waterproof and keep the feet warm. By the way I weigh 240 so some 8 lb boots don't scare me. wink

I use them and they work great for me. Waterproof and keep the feet warm. By the way I weigh 240 so some 8 lb boots don't scare me. wink

lol