• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mickey Mouse Boots

muskiemanAD

I had a pair of the old rubber white ones and loved them. Warm and waterproof. Perfect for ice fishing. I could not find a pair when I needed new ones so I got something else but I will get another pair next time.

Great for ice fishing. Check E Bay for the best deals. Make sure you get ones with BETA soles. I really like these because you don't have to worry about getting the insulation wet. All the insulation is sealed inside the rubber and they are 100% waterproof. Great for kicking away slush/snow from the ice holes.

most FF have them but they are used, i would reccomend gong there to check out the boot, and try on sizes, and then order them online from a military surplus because they are new, FF only sells used i think. Also you will be wanting to either wear long jons or long socks (go up near your calf) becuase the top of the boot is solid rubber, and will pull on your leg hairs and it hurts. I have been useing the same pair for about 6 years and just finally got a hole in them. warmest boots i have ever owned for ice fishing. they get wet on the inside from your feet sweating, but they stay warm, as they are designed for this exact purpose, just make sure ypu put them infront of the vent or on the boot dryer at night... like i said, best ice fishing boots i have owned hands down.

Also you will be wanting to either wear long jons or long socks (go up near your calf) becuase the top of the boot is solid rubber, and will pull on your leg hairs and it hurts.

I pull my socks up and then fold them down over the top of the boot. This keeps your socks from being sucked down into the boot. That way your leg hair is safe. smile

Great boots for sure. I've had the same pair of the mickey mouse boots for over 20 years, and just last month ordered/recieved a new pair from sportsman guide. This time I went with the white bunny boots. They are the real deal with the beta mark, and are new in box and not used military surplus. If I rememeber right, they had them for around $60-$70 dollars, but may be back ordered some. I use mine for hunting, fishing and they take some abuse for sure. I like best that I can stand in a river all day long and as long as the water isn't higher than the boot, your feet cannot/will not ever get wet. your feet tend to sweat in them, so a moisture wick sock helps greatly. taz