• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cliff Lee

Scott K

we need to make some moves fast,i think the lee thing is dead for us to many other teams wanting in and them starting to really throw out some big time prospects, we need pitching now before the season really goes done the crapper

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only chip we have to get Lee is, Seattle needs a catcher. Now. Unless Chicago is willing to off AJ, Ramos should be pretty good looking bait.

Lee's stock keeps moving up, up, and up. I don't know why some of the bigger market teams would trade for him. They can simply offer a fat contract next year to sign him to multi year deal.

We should be buying. Our bullpen is kind of imploding with overuse; this break could not come at a better time. We have to take at least a game in Detroit or we are going to be down 5 at the break (YIKES!!)

haha funny i was just looking at yahoo sports and it said yanks were front runners, i dont think any news has anything correct untill its final. look at lebron he was going to 5 different teams

So much for the Twins being "different" now than before. Another prime example of being too concerned with being a decent team in the future and not making a run when the time is right. Texas didn't give up a ton from what I have read about the prospects. I guess I'm just DUMB for actually believing they were "different" and that it might happen.

A first round playoff exit, AGAIN if we are lucky!

Twins are turning into one of the worst run franchises in sports. Sorry, but when you have needs, you fill them. The Rangers didn't even give up that much. What a joke. Have fun down there Cliff, 120 degrees in the shade.

Cliff Lee......WHY? so many teams, so little time.....All that talent.....HAS to be another side to his story. Reminds me of a NFL player(TO), with talent, but teams couldn't unload him FAST enough......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thats absurd ....but I do understand the frustration.

Not really. They have had many opportunities to get not only this deal, but many others done and they don't. You have to spend money to make money. I hate the Yankees, but by gosh they do just that. And whats the hang up with giving up Ramos and some prospects? Ramos is a catcher, and last time I looked we re-signed the best catcher baseballs ever seen for the next 7 years, so he should be expendable. As far as the prospects aspect, there is no guarantee any prospect in baseball will work out. Lee was the pitcher that beat the Yanks in the WS twice last year, something none of our pitchers can do

The Rangers gave up too much for a half season rental IMO. I'm sure the Twins were in talks with the Ms and I glad they didn't cough up 4 players for Lee and reliever. We would be regretting that move in 6 months if the Twins pulled the trigger. Hopefully they can still put something together for a strong starter.

I hear Kenny Powers is still available grin

I dont think the Twins would be a playoff team even if they would have traded for him, they have other issues that needed to be worked out before gambling the future on 1 player. I am glad they didnt end up pulling the trigger on it. Ramos is a trade chip for us, and he still will be in the off season, no reason to give him, and a bunch of other players away to fill 1 position for a couple months.

I think had they got him, they actually may have re-signed him at seasons end. The Pohlads swear up and down they are committed to spending money, but since we didn't get the trade done, I guess we'll never know.

I think the price just got too high and the mariners held out for the best offer they could get and twins just didn't have what mariners wanted. Not sure Lee would have been a good fit for the team anyhow. I could see him butting heads with Gardy whenever Gardy would try to take him out of the game after hitting hitting that magic 100 pitch count that's in Gardy's little baseball for dummy's manual he carries around in his back pocket. (sarcasm intended)