Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
HugoBox

Wear a glove

Ouch!I feel your pain. Musky got my thumb 5-6 yrs ago. Took 7 stiches. Hopefully you washed it out good, as infections are easy to get from fish bites. Hopefully its not your casting hand.

RU -

Hope the drive north was uneventful. And to answer your question, YES to all of the above. Not sure which fish did it though. I owe you one more photo...

Box - the drive was mind numbingly uneventful. Back home now looking at a laundry list of home improvment items for the weekend. Looking forward to seeing that other pic.

later

Ouch, and even though I have gloves and it is usually within arms reach ...I guess I too prefer to bleed.

That is one of the worst that I have seen.

Box, Let's see the new wounds! You can't lip those things like you can the bass, ya know. If you don't stop catching fish you're gonna die soon.

Box, Let's see the new wounds! You can't lip those things like you can the bass, ya know. If you don't stop catching fish you're gonna die soon.

I second this, he found a really hungry large fish the other night!

Redig, I gotta ask cause alot of us are thinking it: If you make a post right after another guys post, is it really necessary to quote the post right before you in your post? I think most of us can follow smile

Erik is a wuss... that was probably from when he stuck his hand in trolling motor prop... smile

BTW, for those keeping track... after I fixed the troll batts, he broke the copilot, then just the other night he sliced the x-ducer cord on the T/m.... again.... so he put the old LMS160 that big brother got years ago for him back on... haha! He is one man boat wrecking crew... but he is catching "smallies" so I guess I can forgive him smile

Apparently a Topraider wasn't enough for this fish to eat - he had to try my arm. I'd have to say you should steer clear of the teeth on a big ski thrashing in the net.

I guess its time for body armor.

arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

48x20.jpg

Does anyone find that it can be harder to handle a fish with a glove? Call me crazy but I feel like having a good feel on what your doing (grabbing gill, removing hooks) seems to be the most efficient way of handling and getting the fish back in safely? I've had my fair share of gill and tooth wounds but those were all on the forearm similar to HugoB's beauty marks and wouldn't have been prevented with the aid of a glove....except maybe a welder's mit.

I agree, I prefer to go in without a glove (much pun intended haha). I just feel like I have better control over the situation and the fish without one on. On the flip side I have yet to be scared up from a fish like HugoBox, I guess once I am rthe glove will look pretty inviting.

RU

BTW - nice piggy hugo that one looks like she has been feeding well. Congrats

RK    29

Hiya -

I have a friend who says if ya ain't bleedin, ya didn't really catch one....but that's a bit much. I know of a couple guys who have had trips to the hospital where hooks were never involved.

I know I've been sliced up a few times, but....Hugo. Good God... That's nuts.

Personally I rarely put on a glove. I hate not being able to feel where my hands are at. The only ones I've found that I really can stand wearing at all are a pair I got from my nephew, who is a paramedic. He gave me a pair of "Extrication Gloves" made by Ringers. Paramedics and firefighters use them to pull people out of wrecked cars apparently. You can rub broken glass between your palms with them and not get cut, but they're sensitive enough to be able to feel someone's pulse with them on. Unfortunately I usually think of putting them one when the fish is gone and I'm standing there bleeding already... But if you wear gloves they're worth checking into.

cheers,

Rob Kimm

I used to be a bloody mess after most of my Muskies. I started using a glove and although I lost some finesse, I haven't lost any more blood.

Here is a picture that although may be slightly off topic, I think you are the group that will appreciate it.

J

HookedArm.jpg

HookedArm2.jpg

Does anyone find that it can be harder to handle a fish with a glove? Call me crazy but I feel like having a good feel on what your doing (grabbing gill, removing hooks) seems to be the most efficient way of handling and getting the fish back in safely? I've had my fair share of gill and tooth wounds but those were all on the forearm similar to HugoB's beauty marks and wouldn't have been prevented with the aid of a glove....except maybe a welder's mit.

I absolutely agree!! I much prefer tactile sensation when handling esox, especially the big'uns.

In addition, if the fish is gonna get stuck by a hook, I'm more than willing to let myself get a few nicks and scratches, especially because I feel that it makes for a safer release for the fish.