• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Foul Weather

Branta Bros.

I love the looks of that lake that you caught these fish on. Wish we had more undeveloped lakes like that super close to the metro. I know of a few, but only because they are in Park Reserve. What area were you fishing? Looks fun either way!

I could take a guess at what lake it is and most likely be right.

Based purely on his location.

I also have a good idea what spot on the lake the fish that was caught on the crankbait came from.

Quote:
Go fish your carp Mud. Leave your negative ridiculous opions to your self. Bring a good thread down for no reason other than to spout off.

I catch more Lm Bass then I catch of all other fish combined. I'm sorry you feel that it is great to fill a livewell with fish just to take a pic of them later in the day and let them go. There is only one purpose I can see for this. Act like you've done it before!

Do you guys really think it is better to sedate a fish before you releace it?

They are nice fish, at-a-boy.

Muddog, there are three reasons I can think of to put fish in a livewell. None of which are to "Act like I've done it before" whatever that means...

1.I have had many times where a fish will literally comeback to life after it is put in a livewell... my livewells have 4 pumps and two oxygenators... Ooops, wouldn't want to be too "flashy" with the latest technology, sorry Muddog. I have yet to have a fish die in my livewell. So you think livewells sedate fish??? ok, maybe if you put rubbing alcohol in them... I think the keep them alive, hence their name "livewell"

2.I would put fish in my livewell if I was fishing a tournament

3.I would put fish in my livewell if I was fishing a school and didn't want them to stop biting, this time I had a cell phone camera in the boat.

On a side note they aren't the same fish. We caught plenty that day

Muddie, I can appreciate your concern for the bass, and your attitude of "been there and done that". You do come across as a bit brash at times, yet maybe deep in my head I think you have the right to deserve to do so. Because I can tell from your posts you have "been there and done that".

As per the "shutting a school down". Its been said by some that this happens. Yet, I have seen no proof of my own. I do not live well fish unless in a tournament, or for a short period of time I have liveweled a fish to get a camera ready, as I feel that is better than leaving them out of the water. I too have used additives for fish that I have hooked in the gills, ones I know would have become belly up and turtle bait, yet have swam away quite healthy. Can a prove that fish did not become turtle bait at a later time. No of coarse not.

Here is my opinion, and probably not a very popular one in a forum like this. Bass are known as if not the most prolific, one of the most prolific. They adapt to different water qualities better than most if not all game fish, adapt to water temp changes better and different food. They just plain adapt. Here in MN, bass are not stocked often as its really not needed. So long as we protect them to a point. Some harvest is very, and I state VERY healthy. We can prove that Catch and Release has helped the population. But attrition is natural, and we must be honest with ourselves when fishing, that we may do damage to the fish we catch. I do feel that we should do our best if we do not intend to harvest the fish to put it back in its natural setting as soon as possible. yet, as I stated, there are times when I have put a fish in the well to let it recoup and put a higher oxygen content to its gills.

This has been a fun debate to read, but lets please keep it civil, name calling is not the answer. We are all allowed an opinion.