• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car vs. Deer

I got a call on Thursday night that my brother had hit a deer on the way up north in Aldrich along Hwy 10 (he was fine). I rented a tow dolly yesterday and went up to pick up him and his car. Needless to say he was pretty lucky, as a split second earlier he would have hit it square and there could have been a much different result. His car will be totaled, but we got it back down to the cities anyway. Thanks to the employees/patrons at Ted & Gen's bar in Aldrich who helped my brother out after the accident by setting him up at a hotel in Wadena and giving him a ride there. Here are some pics of the car when I went to pick it up (we got plenty of strange looks/comments when we stopped because of the damage):

2009-07-17MHCar_1.jpg

2009-07-17MHCar_3.jpg

2009-07-17MHCar_4.jpg

Glad he is ok, you could buy a front corner clip from wrecking yard, unbolt the damaged parts, slap on the new and have a decent car. I would take it in and get the front end squared up but other than that spend a thousand and use if for a daily driver.

We fix things like that every day here at my shop

Toyota's hold there value it may not be a total loss

What insurance company are you working with? And do they have a salvage bid yet ?

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.