• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Help..AGAIN

Brade4

You don't have to be over 18 to shoot a bow by yourself, go to a proshop and shoot some bows and find out wich draw weight you can shoot, you can go with a 50-60# bow and some of the models you can get that bow down to 45# with out having any problems or get a 60-70# and see how low you can get the weight down to safely but bows tend to shoot better when you have the poundage at the highend or cranked down.

If you can't shoot without a guardian, then bring a guardian! Do not buy a bow without shooting it. Any bow. Ever.

As you are still young, make sure the bow is adjustable as you will probably gain some length and strength as you age the next few years.

Originally Posted By: DoubleLunger
Could be Mankato or Eden Prairie also.

Scheels in Eden Praire? Did they sneak it in while I was sleeping?

I have worked in Eden Prairie for years and years and never know this. I'm shocked!

And my two cents, I cannot believe they will not help you. Find a pro shop in your area!

Like I said I'm going to shoot the Diamond Vital Impact tomorrow. It comes in a package. Just to make sure what am I all going to need? Do I use the same arrows hunting as I do target practice? Sorry for these stupid questions but I'm just trying to get my feet wet.

yes. i believe the best thing you can do is buy a dozen fletched arrows, have them cut to length. shoot 4 of them, the same ones each time while target practicing, and only them 4. while grabbing a new arrow only when needed, for instance, lost one or fletching is falling off! put broadheads on 3 of them don't store them in your bow case till hunting season.

the reasons i say!

store arrows with broadheads elsewhere, because eventually, you will set your bow down in your case, and like me, sliced a cable in half by not paying attention.

try to target shoot the same arrows each time, as this will prolong the life of all of your arrows.

buy a dozen at a time because you WILL lose some arrows, or damage them one way or another, and a dozen at a time means you have some extras that are all the same weight, length, and fletched exactly alike for identical arrow flight.

good luck bow hunting for bows! shoot a few different brands, to make sure the bow you buy is the most comfortable. and last but not least, practice, practice, practice.

If you need any help let me know. I shoot on the hunter pro staff for pse andam on the pro staff for a local archery shop in my area. i do travel to the fargo-moorehead area sometimes as i have family up there. Any bow is a good bow as long as it fits you and you like it. A lot of people just go by the name of a brand because everyone else is shooting them. Pick up at least 10 different bows and shoot all of them a few times. I like pse and any of the bowtech family. I have two bows for hunting one for early season and one for late season after it gets cold i tend to not want to pull as much weight back. Anyways like i said get a hold of me through my e-mail and i will help you out. [email protected]

not to get off topic but whats up with scheels and their 18 year old policies? You have to be 18 to buy a pair of inline skates. If my 16 year old son wants to buy skates he should be allowed to. sorry for the rant.

You would likely be better off buying from an archery shop. Much easier to get help should you need assistance

Anyone know of any archery shops in Fargo Moorhead?

Four places: Scheels, Gander Mountain, Wholesale Sports (i.e., Sportsman's Wharehouse), and The Outdoorsman.

Scheels and Outdoorsman are the two best options. Tom Wilson at the Outdoorsman REALLY knows his stuff and will take good care of you. Make sure he's working if you are going to go there.

Wow i can't believe they wouldn't let you shoot any bows if your under 18. But yet you can hunt at the age of 12 in minnesota. Look in the phone book or on the web for a close archery shop. My suggestion is don't buy a bow from scheels or gander or for that matter any of the big stores. Go somewhere where they will take there time to sell you a bow that properly fits you.

Kind of a joke if you ask me. I had a 9 year old girl in shooting the other day. We also get a lot of teenagers in shooting at our range. Some benefits to shopping at the smaller stores.